Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a chance to shoot my new CM9, and I must say I'm impressed. I shot the requisite 200 rounds for a break in and it was 100% reliable throughout. I even tried my best to cause a limp-wrist malfunction and the gun just wouldn't quit. 0 malfunctions through the 3 different rounds I used.

Accuracy was also very acceptable. At first I noticed I had a problem maintaining POA throughout the trigger pull. I decided to change up my technique and instead of using the pad of my trigger finger, I switched to placing the middle part of my finger over the trigger and accuracy became much more consistent. I may consider getting the Wolff 5# striker spring, but I'm not sure I like the idea of reducing the trigger pull on a carry gun.

The CM9 wasn't unpleasant to shoot, but it was a bit of a chore shooting 200 rounds in one session, especially when it's only 6 rounds at a time. Overall though, considering that the total cost less the break-in ammo was $346, I can hardly complain. It's a lot of gun for the money! It will be even better when my extra mags and HKS speed loader get here.

125rd Winchester 115gr FMJ
50rd Federal 124gr HST
25rd Hornady 147gr XTP

Kahr CM9 in an El Paso Saddlery Pocket Max

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
good luck with it. I am very happy with my CW40 (except the shark teeth on the back of the grip!!!).... and the CW380.

Hope it is a reliable carry piece for you.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I tried getting mine to limp-wrist when new, never choked at all.
A very slight rub with a sanding pad ( it takes almost nothing, one or two swipes ) takes the bite out of those shark teeth.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Nice, good job! Little guns like this, especially DA guns, shoot better with a very firm grip. Remember to squeeze until you see blood.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Or you ladies can get man hands.

They're excellent pistols. For that class in 9mm, there's no better.
:mrgreen:

Glad your CM9 is running smoothly, LP. I'm reading more and more positive reviews about NIB Kahrs running well from the get go. My own CW380 has completed it's break in, and has been 100% reliable. I love having a gun I can literally carry no matter what I'm wearing in the hot, GA summers. A CM9 is now on my radar for one step up in power and size.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts

·
Administrator
16,919 Posts
It's pretty much the only one I want for what it is. With all the overtime, I should just do it. Other thanb specs on paper... is there a really good reason to spend the extra money on a PM9?xcept the all black model... I really like those.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Other than a few having to be sent back, everybody I know that has a Kahr loves them.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I really like my CM9, but found that I have to put the magazines in fairly gently, or the top round in the magazine moves forward, and catches under the feed ramp on the barrel.

I've always been in the habit of slamming the magazine home with some authority, and it doesn't seem to work with this pistol.

Anyone else had this problem? BTW I have 3 six round mags, and 1 seven round mag, and they all have the same issue.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I really like my CM9, but found that I have to put the magazines in fairly gently, or the top round in the magazine moves forward, and catches under the feed ramp on the barrel.

I've always been in the habit of slamming the magazine home with some authority, and it doesn't seem to work with this pistol.

Anyone else had this problem? BTW I have 3 six round mags, and 1 seven round mag, and they all have the same issue.
Never had that prob at all.
Did you do the mag follower mod?
You should just go ahead and throw the seven rounder away, I think everybody else does lol.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
:eek:
It's pretty much the only one I want for what it is. With all the overtime, I should just do it. Other thanb specs on paper... is there a really good reason to spend the extra money on a PM9?xcept the all black model... I really like those.
The biggest up swing would be a front dovetailed sight but no.

As a PM9 owner, I'd have gone for the CM9 without question.

I went into a shop looking for a Kel Tec PF-9 and they didn't have one. Guy said well, we've got a Kahr similar size wise but three times as much nearly.

I fondled it for a good 15 minutes before I finally bit the bullet and said box it up.

The CM9 wasn't out until 3 years after this I think.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
:eek:

The biggest up swing would be a front dovetailed sight but no.

As a PM9 owner, I'd have gone for the CM9 without question.

I went into a shop looking for a Kel Tec PF-9 and they didn't have one. Guy said well, we've got a Kahr similar size wise but three times as much nearly.

I fondled it for a good 15 minutes before I finally bit the bullet and said box it up.

The CM9 wasn't out until 3 years after this I think.
Agree completely. I had a PM9, great gun, for no price diff I'd take it over my new CM9. But at less than 350 bucks you cannot beat the CM9. That's just a bit more than you pay for an LCP and you get a whole lot more gun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts