Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get myself a BUG. Its neck and neck right now between the CM9 and the LCR357. Theres a slight advantage going for the LCR due to Kahrs magazine followers breaking in the CM9. From what Ive gathered, this is NOT just a couple lemons in the batch.

Does anyone have any info on whether Kahr has corrected this?

·
Premium Member
7,075 Posts
I've never had a problem with mine. First I've heard of this.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Mine broke (in my 7-round mag) after about 125 rounds. Called customer service and got a new one in 2 days. From what I've read, they send out a call tag for the gun after two broken followers are reported.

The follower in my 6-round mag is fine. (About 110 rounds so far...)

I really love the gun, FWIW. Very easy to conceal and shoot. :)

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A call tag? Meaning, returning the gun to Kahr? So, its not a fragile follower, the gun is breaking the followers?

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I've never had a problem with mine. First I've heard of this.
Same here but I haven't been to the forum in a long time.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Kahr talk is full of threads on this. They also complain of bad CS over there. Another issue some have is the front sight flying off due to it just being pinned in and glued/melted. I never had issues with mine but didn't put tons of rounds down range. These bugs scared me off though and I traded mine for a Glock 27.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I seen the ones about the follower but have yet to see any about the sight flying off and the crappy CS. Well, I guess LCR it is. :D

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
CS was cool, but I can see how the guy (I think his name is Ian) can annoy someone. It was basically like talking to Joshua from Wargames... "Greetings, Professor Falken." I got a kick out of him. :)

Yeah, in a few instances I read (taking into account that it was maybe three or four VERY vocal peeps on an internet forum) how Kahr would shave a tiny bit off of the feed ramp to prevent it from hitting the face of the follower.

Again, FWIW... I really like mine.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
I put 200 rounds through mine without an issue. Weird how this is a problem with the gun, but only on the 7rd mags, not the 6 rounders. I wouldn't let a few bad stories on the internet persuade you away from a Kahr. I didn't and I'm really happy with mine. I know the follower issue is all over the net, but so is the XDs recall.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I put 200 rounds through mine without an issue. Weird how this is a problem with the gun, but only on the 7rd mags, not the 6 rounders. I wouldn't let a few bad stories on the internet persuade you away from a Kahr. I didn't and I'm really happy with mine. I know the follower issue is all over the net, but so is the XDs recall.
I don't know. There is some merit to what you find on the old webs. Why else would we all be here?

He's right. The main issue on mags has been with the 7rounders.

For the record, I won't buy an XDS because of the horror stories I read here and other forums. The fact is, you either get a good one or a bad one. I'd hate to get a bad one and have to pawn the lemon off on someone else if problems did arise. I really wanted one at first but not after getting my G27.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts