Springfield XD Forum banner

Kahr CM-9 Range time

5K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  Azo 
#1 ·
Been a while since I posted on this forum, but I just picked up a Kahr CM-9 and figured I would share my first range trip with it.

Shot about 50 rounds on this target, shot 200 rounds total. Great gun, no problems what so ever. Still need a bit of range time with it as you can see:

See less See more
#28 ·
Range Report/Review: Kahr PM9

heres a link with the picture, its the first picture you see in that review write up, you can tell even though the slide is on that the frame contours somewhat in that area.

a pistol can take some heat in that area so i can see your concern, waiting for another member who actually owns one to confirm.
can see the contour pretty clearly, the way it curves away from the gun. Those are some nice pictures too ... next time I'll think about looking at forum reviews, Google images didn't even show me those.

Thanks again.

#30 ·
My PM9 bulges the same way......500+ rounds and it doesn't care for Critical Defense either, it's good to go with Gold Dots but is most accurate with Golden Sabers...all my XDs are most accurate with the GD ...... FWIW

#31 ·
Good to hear your Kahr likes the Golden Sabres.

I ran some recently acquired Golden Sabre 124 gr through my PM9 this past Monday. I was surprised at how poorly it did. I suppose it could have been me, but the Gold Dot 125 gr I shot from my new Ruger LCR, at the same distance, was less than half the spread. The trigger isn't that much different between the two. I tried the same Golden Sabre rounds in my XD9 and got the same poor spread. I can shoot a ragged hole with the same XD9 and my practice rounds (my reloads).

Time to look for some new carry ammo.

#32 ·
my PM-9 bulges like that too, it's normal.
Cool, glad to hear it.

My PM9 bulges the same way......500+ rounds and it doesn't care for Critical Defense either, it's good to go with Gold Dots but is most accurate with Golden Sabers...all my XDs are most accurate with the GD ...... FWIW
Cool +2 ... I was starting to freak cause I love this gun and I was going to hate life if it turned out to be defective.

Glad to hear it likes the Golden Sabers, mine didn't like them. Out of the 5 types of ammo I shot (Federal HST, Winchester PDX1, CorBon, Gold Dots, Golden Sabers) the best was winchester pdx1 with the gold dots a close second, so I have those sitting on the ammo shelf now.

Good to hear your Kahr likes the Golden Sabres.

I ran some recently acquired Golden Sabre 124 gr through my PM9 this past Monday. I was surprised at how poorly it did. I suppose it could have been me, but the Gold Dot 125 gr I shot from my new Ruger LCR, at the same distance, was less than half the spread. The trigger isn't that much different between the two. I tried the same Golden Sabre rounds in my XD9 and got the same poor spread. I can shoot a ragged hole with the same XD9 and my practice rounds (my reloads).

Time to look for some new carry ammo.
Yeah it's a bummer, I have used Critical Defense since it hit the shelves and it ran great through my G26 and XDSC but the Kahr just didn't like them. I guess having to find a new carry ammo is a good excuse to hit up the range, right?

G
#33 ·
Yes, CM9 bulges like that too. It is normal. I thought it was weird the first time too, but yup, perfectly normal.

I've been using Federal HST 147gr in it. I haven't had any malfunctions. Of course, I mean for carry. I definitely cannot afford to use HST as range ammo :) . I have shot about 70 rounds of the HST with zero issues.

#35 ·
i havent shot my pm9 yet but it feels so tight!!! there is no slop anywhere! all ive ever owned were glocks and xd's/xdm's which have so much play. im actually concerned about its tightness, i need to shoot this thing asap.

glad to see theres other kahr owners here on XDtalk

#38 ·
Yes, CM9 bulges like that too. It is normal. I thought it was weird the first time too, but yup, perfectly normal.

I've been using Federal HST 147gr in it. I haven't had any malfunctions. Of course, I mean for carry. I definitely cannot afford to use HST as range ammo :) . I have shot about 70 rounds of the HST with zero issues.
It was weird when I first noticed it.

I can't afford to shoot PDX1 as range ammo, even at walmart prices of 20 bucks ... that's still a dollar a round.

also from your top view photo you can see the thin metal guides toward the front of the frame are perfectly straight yet the frame contours so its def designed like that, also just picked up my pm9 yesturday and it def contours like that aswell.
Now that you say that I can see it ... hmm.

i havent shot my pm9 yet but it feels so tight!!! there is no slop anywhere! all ive ever owned were glocks and xd's/xdm's which have so much play. im actually concerned about its tightness, i need to shoot this thing asap.

glad to see theres other kahr owners here on XDtalk
I was concerned about the tightness too. My CM9 is still stiff as heck but it is so much better than it was now that I have shot it as much as I have.

Kahr recommends a 200 round break in on them as stated in the manual.
Took a little more than the recommended round count to break in mine but it was a good thing, gave me time to get a good feel for the handgun and to figure out what it liked for carry ammo.

Kahr covers one area quite well & compliments an XD perfectly. It works well as close carry weapon with a very good reputation.

Probably try KahrTalk Home and read what ammo the CM9 tends to prefer. Good post.
Thanks for the link.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.