Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Thought I'd post a pic of my K-98. 1938 S/42. Hung it over a door, been in a safe for awhile, it needed some air!

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nice rifle. How does it shoot? I have a bnz 44 that I picked up almost 20 years ago and put away after shooting a box of ammo. I have recently been taking it to the range and it is a real accurate rifle. Lots of fun firing a piece of history.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice.

Here's mine, a 1937 Berlin Lubecher, then a Russian capture. Looks much better after I got the crappy Russian red shellac off of it. This one's a real shooter too.

Price for ammo has really gone up over the years though. I've got just over 1K stashed, mostly Czech, but some Yugo too.

Nope; not a Natzee, simply a reenactor. I used to do Civil War too.

Believe it or not, that Kraut M42 SS helmet w/chicken wire is worth WAY more than the rifle. It's a real German helmet, but the SS decal, three color paint scheme (late-war, just post D-Day), and wire were all done up for me a few years ago by one of the best in the business.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nice rifle, I like the helmet, tunic and the other gear too.
Here is a pic of my Russian capture bnz 44. I cleaned up the stock on mine as well. I also recently added a nice leather sling. It is a blast to shoot. It has an SS lightning bolt rune that has been partially ground off on the receiver. If only these old rifles could talk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts