Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was quite unexpected as I thought I would be outbid. By the time I pay shipping and the FFL fee, I will take it home for $502 total. I am very pleased and can't wait to get my 2nd XDS, already owning a 45 3.3 in black, but this is the first XDS 9mm, 4.0 and bitone. YES!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great job! I was torn between the 4.0 & the 3.3.. I too have the 45 in 3.3, and I ended up sticking with that in 9mm. I was so undecided for a while with that choice.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Congrats man!

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, all. for the well wishes. I hope the trigger is as good or better than the one I got with my XDS 45 3.3 post recall. Can't wait to have a shoot off between my new XDS 9mm, my Glock 27 with a 9mm barrel, and my wife's Shield 9mm.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Congrats, I own both 3.3 45, and the 4.0 in 9mm, found the trigger on the 4.0 being much better than the 45, also bought the PRP springs for it but haven't installed it yet, and I don't think I will.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats, I own both 3.3 45, and the 4.0 in 9mm, found the trigger on the 4.0 being much better than the 45, also bought the PRP springs for it but haven't installed it yet, and I don't think I will.
Nice! Hope that's the case with me. I'll find out in a couple of days.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Good deal! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any reason why the bi-tone is typically $100 more? Any concerns in concealing bi-tone vs all black?
They are harder to find, so supply and demand, for one thing. Some say that the bi-tone is more durable, and easier to find the sights and loaded chamber indicator. I think it looks better, but that's subjective, as I still like my XDS 45 in black.
And, you are right about possibly being easier to spot the bi-tone, according to some. 3 plus, 1 minus. Is that worth $100 more? Apparently so, since the market drives the price.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Any reason why the bi-tone is typically $100 more? Any concerns in concealing bi-tone vs all black?
At the LGS is around 60-70 bucks more, I guess the difference in price is because of the finish, also this is my first bi-tone and not sure if it is me or what, but found it easier to clean :D

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
At the LGS is around 60-70 bucks more, I guess the difference in price is because of the finish, also this is my first bi-tone and not sure if it is me or what, but found it easier to clean :D
I bought a Canik with a satin chrome finish that is easy to clean as well. For one thing, you see the powder residue better, I guess.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i might have to hate you just having paid most of 600.00 for mine.

Kidding of course, congrats and enjoy. Still waiting for my 10 days to be up, friday at 5:35pm.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i might have to hate you just having paid most of 600.00 for mine.

Kidding of course, congrats and enjoy. Still waiting for my 10 days to be up, friday at 5:35pm.
I hear you, bro'. I was at the right place the right time, cause the auction ended on Monday night. supohunter is the seller on GB He starts a lot of guns out with no reserve and I have been low balling for weeks and it finally paid off. Usually I miss it by that much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts