Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just thought I would introduce myself. I'm a moderator on a few other forums, and a member of many, and I'm always amazed at people that jump in with both feet, and don't make their first post on the "new members" forum.

First off, I'm not a big gun person. Also, I'm not blind either, I think I know where things are going. I became interested in having a rifle and pistol in the same caliber.

That's where big brother comes in. Not that "big brother", my big brother, although I'm in my 40's, and bigger than him by several inches, he'll always have that title in my book.

He has no problem with my decision, so off to Cabela's we go. I finally settled on the feel of an xd40(they didn't have a 45). I made the decision, if you consider him dragging me by the earlobe "my decision", on an XDm45.

2 weeks later, I own an XDm45, and we're off to the range. 1st mag, all but one on a 10 in. shoot-n-see at 25yds. Second mag, much better group. Third mag, I'm thinking that I wasted my money on expensive targets, because it is difficult to cover up 13, 45cal holes in a group of maybe 5in. with those round dots.

A few hundred rounds later, my groups are a bit off center, to the right, but not worth messing with the sights IMO. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this gun.

My first SA, and .45, and I'm tickled pink.

Kicking sand now, because I have to buy the AR now, my wallet is saying "ouch".

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome!!! Congrats on XD.45!!! Kicking sand??!! lol your wallet doesn't hurt so much on the first few. it just seems that way, the 10th and 11th and all the accessories lol!! thats where the pain comes ha

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

·
Super Moderator
46,389 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome from NC

·
Registered
480 Posts
Welcome to XDTalk!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Premium Member
21,722 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Welcome to the board from Kansas!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Welcome from Colorado! Glad you're enjoying the .45!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Welcome from Ga.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome from CT

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern California!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts