Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D:D

This will be my 100th post on XD Talk. In that short time, I've learned much about my XDm, along with how much damn fun it is. The best part about this place is that it isn't limited to SA at all. I learned my Chinese AK that I thought was just average is actually the one of the Holy Grails of the AK world. Pre Ban Poly Tech's are worth some money, so if you have one laying in your closet (like this idiot) you're net worth just went up.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone. This place is great. So, I pose another question. I am about to buy another hand gun... Let's say you had $1,000 to spend, what would you get?

·
Registered
480 Posts
This calls for a celebration:D

Good thing you held on that AK;)

@jd manila: how much does an HS2000 (XD) 9mm cost there in Manila?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congats! Now to your question, if you are here in Manila your $1000 can't buy you another XD. safe shootin'!
wow that is crazy. You can buy cheap labor and a lot of god food for cheap, but electronics are expensive there. You'd think that with all the talent/skills they have in the PI that they would be able to replicate the XD.

I love the PI.

MABUHAY!!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Congrats! I am approaching my 200th post, and I am right there with you on site-enjoyment.

If I had 1k (and permission from SWMBO!) I'd pick up a Ruger SR1911 (650ish) and put the rest into ammo for getting used to her.

·
Registered
265 Posts
This calls for a celebration:D

Good thing you held on that AK;)

@jd manila: how much does an HS2000 (XD) 9mm cost there in Manila?
HS9 service=PHP48,500 including licence
XDm 4.5/3.8=goes bet.PHP67,000 to 69,000 excluding licence
going rate is PHP43.30 to $1

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
I'm an addict for my 617 4" .22 S&W revolver. It's a 10 shot with the sweetest trigger ever. It is very easy to go through a brick of shells in one outing if you aren't careful.
There is a dude in MI that makes speed loaders and loading block for it too.

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Congrats on the 100 posts.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
congrats on getting 100 posts

now, if I had 1000 laying around, I'd by a RRA LAR-15 Elite Operator2

·
Registered
480 Posts
HS9 service=PHP48,500 including licence
XDm 4.5/3.8=goes bet.PHP67,000 to 69,000 excluding licence
going rate is PHP43.30 to $1
That's crazy:eek:

A little over $1,100 for an HS9:???:

Maybe a good chunk of it goes to import fees and taxes.

·
Registered
265 Posts
That's crazy:eek:

A little over $1,100 for an HS9:???:

Maybe a good chunk of it goes to import fees and taxes.
YES,you can say that again, gun owners here are crazy, cos' even though we know how much it really cost we still buy them, got no choice, we can't buy directly from the USA or any country of origin for that matter, wait 'til you hear the prices of Kimber and and the likes and other US made f/a, ammos, accesories and so on:cry:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Congrats on the posts. I too chose XD talk because I feel comfortable asking any question and getting a legitimate answer. Even had someone help me figure out a problem with my truck.

As for gun, I have been wanting a 1911 for a long time now, i'd probably start shopping around for one of those.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet, thanks again for all the suggestions... I've been away for a while so it is nice to come back to 2 pages of comments. I think I'm going to put that money to the RRA LAR-15 chambered with the 5.56 NATO. I've heard good things about Rock River Arms. Cheers!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Errr, wow, they offer a lot. I may have to shop around RRA a bit more.... Would you guys get the .220 or the .308... I'm a bigger fan of the .308 but...

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats on your 100th post...:)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
congrats on the 100,

I would get a hand gun training class...like with a more in depth study of self defense..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts