Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a holster today. Just got some kydex and shaped it. It was relatively easy to do. I used comptac clips, and they work well for owb, and its thin enough for iwb as well let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought of that...Unfortunately I measured once and cut twice. Lol. I think I got something backwards there. Lol.

Thanks though!

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I thought of that...Unfortunately I measured once and cut twice. Lol. I think I got something backwards there. Lol.

Thanks though!
Your welcome, no biggy....

Been there done that on a lot of things

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Not bad for a first attempt! One of these days I keep telling myself I should take a stab at it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually reformed it todaybwith the gun a little deeper. Its not bad at all.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Yah that looks great. My only thought would be to see if you could reshape it deeper but sounds like you did that so Good work!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im happy with it. I wore it iwb to church today with me service model. Really comfy and the.clips slide forward on my belt easily. Kydex tended to wanna stay flat, so I basically had to contour it to my body and the gun at once. Its got excellant retetion too, so no need to sinch the belt super tight.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Looks great, have you considered making any more and selling them? Seriously, your work looks great.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have indeed considered that. But it'll be down the road a little bit. The nice thing about kydex is that you can make it into just about anything...the issue is that I don't really have all the tools and blue guns I'd need to do it on a mass scale. :evil:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its not hard at all. Literally just heating to a certain point and shaping. The trick is to get it doneand ready before it hardens. And then shaping it evenly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts