Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for an extended magazine for my XD Mod 2 9mm that had a higher capacity than the Springfield 16 round magazine, and the Mec-Gar Mec-Gar model #MGXD918AFC looked like it fit my specifications perfectly.

I loaded the Mec-Gar magazine with Federal 124gr HST JHP, Federal 148gr +P JHP, 124gr FMJ Blazer Brass, and 124gr FMJ Military Ballistic Industries ammo. I experienced no malfunctions. The Mec-Gar fed ammo perfectly.

There's a video of how the Mec-Gar compares to the factory 16 round magazine:

Note that in the last frame of the video, I removed the Springfield XDS magazine spacer because it pinches my finger when quick reloading, and the magazine takes up less space when carrying them. The Mec-Gar 18rd magazines are much cheaper than the Springfield 16rd magazine; a Springfield 16 rd magazine costs $40 whereas the Mec-Gar 18rd Magazine costs $22.

The cheapest price where I found the Meg-Gar 18rd Magazine was "Cheaper than Dirt":
Mec-Gar Springfield XD Magazine 9mm Luger 18 Rounds Steel Anti Friction Coating MGXD918AFC - 765595516106

Mec-Gar also makes aBeretta "Plus-2" adapter magazine extension that supposedly works on the Springfield 16 round magazine and extends it to 19 rounds. I haven't tested this product yet because it is back ordered on every web site that I checked. The advantage of this product is that it only costs about $10.Here's a link to the Mec-Gar Beretta"Plus-2" adapter magazine extension:

Mec-Gar "Plus-2" Adapter Magazine Extention Adds Two Rounds to Mec-Gar Magazines Beretta 92/CZ 75/SIG P226 Polymer Black F42099 - 765595510173

Rick

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I always thought about using Promag 30 round but using a springer follower... If that would work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
neat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts