Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long my friend you will be missed and never forgotten...Bittersweet really considering Im about to order my first 1911. Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 :D Boy I cant wait...gonna be a long week (cant get it until next payday) but Im looking forward to it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I want one of those Kimbers also, but I just got my XD9sc, maybe next year when I get my tax refund!

·
Premium Member
127,706 Posts
If you no longer own an XD then you can't post here anymore. ;)

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
That's just sad... :confused: Selling a good friend like that...

I just don't understand it...

My XD is one gun I will never sell.
Service 4" 9mm.

Nope not this one.

It's just purrrrfect the way it is. :cool:

Black on black and accurate as my 1911s.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you no longer own an XD then you can't post here anymore. ;)
I know because everybody here has an XD ;)

Service 4" 9mm.

Nope not this one.

This is the 3rd XD Ive had. Ive had 2 Service 9s and this last one was a 9sc. After handling the UC and feeling what a 1911 trigger was like I just grew to hate the XDs trigger :oops::sad: Maybe someday down the road I'll pick up another one for nostalgia's sake

·
Registered
90 Posts
My buddy with Kimber 1911 is buying an XD after shooting mine. I love the Kimber 1911, great gun, but different feel. Almost like the 1911 Kimber is more special occasion, while XD is everyday goodness :)

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
All of my xdm's are gone as well. Only 1911's are in my safe these days.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts

Service 4" 9mm.

Nope not this one.

Same here, except mine is the Service 4" .45ACP. GREAT gun that will NEVER be parted with. :cool:

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
The Ultra Carry is a good choice. I like mine and the Kimber service is great too.

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
At least one XD will hold sway in this household. My wife's (former deputy) XD-9 service.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Same here, except mine is the Service 4" .45ACP. GREAT gun that will NEVER be parted with. :cool:
That's the same way I feel about mine... I wanted a 1911, but wan't going to sell my XD to get it. I had to wait a little, but I did get a S.A. Mil Spec 1911.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didnt HAVE to sell my XD to get a 1911 just thought Id sell it to buy TWO 1911s. Im getting this Ultra Carry adding night sights, new grips and maybe some front strap checkering and I already ordered my Milt Sparks VMII for it. THEN I plan to buy another 1911 in 9mm "for my wife" ;) Either the Kimber Ultra CDP or the Springfield EMP.

I know I know 1LL get the EMP lol

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I found a sig 239 for $525 at gunstore yesterday. I know it wont be there at tax time, and there is a little birdie(1LL) in my head saying "trade the xd trade the xd!"

Don't know if I could bring myself to do it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've got 2 Xds and 2 XDms and they will never be sold. I sold my Glocks and my CZ to get back to an all XD/m lineup. I have an EMP and a PT1911 but from now on I'm only buying Springers when it comes to pistols.

But, to each his own - congrats and good luck.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I miss every gun I have ever sold even down to the Hi Point carbine.
I'm just the opposite.
I don't miss any that I've sold.

I found a sig 239 for $525 at gunstore yesterday. I know it wont be there at tax time, and there is a little birdie(1LL) in my head saying "trade the xd trade the xd!"

Don't know if I could bring myself to do it.
Who me:confused:

Sell that sloppy triggered XD and buy yourself a Sig, or 1911, or (do I dare say) a GLOCK...HAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHA..;)

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Congrats on the new 1911, pics when she comes in...:)

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
I had a xdsc for i think 8 days. Came to this website cause I thought for the level of competency most cops possess it was a great gun. (IMO 80% aren't gun people and don't care about guns and shouldn't be cops)

I then had a sig 229, pretty decent gun, had to return it to its righful owner when he got back from iraq, sig p6..... and some others until I figured out a 1911 with a good trigger (kimbers don't have them not that it would add too much to production costs but that it would add to much to production time to do it right) seriously MIM firing controls just aren't as good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts