Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I shot like I did today. I took my XD 9 tac to the Bullseye marksman gun club here in Atlanta with my wife, and had the time of my life. She's a new shooter, but she hit 14 out of the first clip inside the 8 ring at 50 ft, and i put 12 on a terrorist target at 75 ft . Is it just me, or does this damn pistol get better the more you shoot it? I shot 1911's in the military, but i don't remember them being this accurate. I'm so pleased with this gun i plan on buying at least one more. Good times!

·
Registered
463 Posts
You have a great gun. I feel the same way it just keeps getting better

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
The gun has always been accurate, you're just catching up with it. ;)

Military 1911's have had more rounds down the pipe than God can count, are typically loose as a goose and that affects accuracy. New ones can be tack drivers. It all depends on how the gun is set up.

·
Registered
734 Posts
It is a great feeling when the Mrs. gets involved. It took mine a little while... she just always referred to me going to the range, firearms and carrying as "your thing". I didn't push or try to persuade her but after an incident with a female friend of hers being attacked, mugged and almost killed in good 'ole small town middle America... she decided that maybe carrying isn't such a bad idea after all. Now I've got myself a range partner! A couple of my proudest moments is when she picked out her first handgun (on her own)... when she came up to me one day to proudly inform me that she had ordered a mat for cleaning, her own eyes & ears and an OD green range bag... and every couple of weeks when she comes up to me with the enthusiasm of a kid asking to go to the circus and asks "can we go to the range"?

Love that girl of mine!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Especially if your wife is the better shot!

Great for you. Wish I could get my wife to go shooting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts