Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to be finger printed today at 3pm and immediately went and put paper work in mail afterwards. I guess we will see how long it takes for it to arrive. I am passing the time by looking for a carry guns and accessories.:D

08-15-2011 Mailed paperwork

·
Registered
109 Posts
I went to be finger printed today at 3pm and immediately went and put paper work in mail afterwards. I guess we will see how long it takes for it to arrive. I am passing the time by looking for a carry guns and accessories.:D

08-15-2011 Mailed paperwork
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but they are having problems with receiving finger prints. Something about a glitch in the system that has them pulling them on at a time. I don't know how far from Austin you are but i'd say start calling thursday or friday to check the status on the prints. Good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am 383.6 miles from Austin. Thanks for the Heads up. I will check on it Thursday or Friday to check print status.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm in the middle of this fingerprint crap!! Some people that have recently been fingerprinted still get through, though. BUT NOT ME!! Been over a month that I've been waiting just to get fingerprints to DPS.......

·
Registered
254 Posts
Damn, sorry you guys are having problems. I sent mine off on 07/22/11 and was fingerprinted the same day. Got my plastic on 08/10/11. Hope they figure out this crap.

·
Premium Member
127,714 Posts
Let us know when you get it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I am going to the dept of agriculture to do all my paperwork on Thursday, I hope that it does not take that long. I have heard people get them in 10 days here in Orlando.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just got mine on July 28th. It took 58 days door to door here in San Antonio. That is almost twice the average from what I've seen at http://www.texaschlforum.com and my fingerprints weren't the problem. My online status showed my background check was under review for 5 weeks! After 2 calls to TXDPS and know help, I contacted Governor Perry's office requesting assistance and it was cleared up in 3 days. I hope you don't have any issues and you're able to carry soon. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I submitted my renewal packet - which doesn't require passport photos or fingerprints - on 7/25/11, and today the DPS web site shows the status of my new license to be "Mailed."

Just over 3 weeks of processing time is not bad in my books...

·
Registered
329 Posts
I contacted my congressman yesterday. Today, I get a voicemail from someone (can barely understand this person, too lazy to actually open their mouth and move the tongue) I think from some fingerprinting department. I think the mumble said that my fingerprints were sent to DPS on 07/08/2011 and its CHL's responsiblity to contact DPS if they need the fingerprints resent. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??? I REALIZE THAT THE USA IS BECOMING A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY, IS IT FINALLY HERE???? Yes, I want to exercise my 2nd amendment rights but they are wearing me down almost to the point of giving up. Is this by design??? All the time, seeing other CHLers zip right past me on TXCHL forum board with their plastic in hand. again... WTH is going on?!?!?!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Man that sucks! You can get yours in a week here!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I contacted my congressman yesterday. Today, I get a voicemail from someone (can barely understand this person, too lazy to actually open their mouth and move the tongue) I think from some fingerprinting department. I think the mumble said that my fingerprints were sent to DPS on 07/08/2011 and its CHL's responsiblity to contact DPS if they need the fingerprints resent. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??? I REALIZE THAT THE USA IS BECOMING A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY, IS IT FINALLY HERE???? Yes, I want to exercise my 2nd amendment rights but they are wearing me down almost to the point of giving up. Is this by design??? All the time, seeing other CHLers zip right past me on TXCHL forum board with their plastic in hand. again... WTH is going on?!?!?!
Man you are getting me a little nervous.:???: They just received my required info today from USPS. I guess we will see how it goes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Received my CHL today!!!!

36 days since DPS received packet = 26 business days to plastic in hand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts