Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sent my sub-compact .40 to Rich at Canyon Creek. I can't wait until I get her back! I'm having the full trigger job done with the trigger pull left at carry weight and I'm having her refinished in Gun-Kote. Now I just have to wait for her to come home to me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll definitely let you know. I'll post pics as soon as she makes it home. I went with dark grey. How that will come out I don't know. I'm assuming it will look like the gun-metal grey or darker. I just didn't want another plain black pistol. I live in Illinois so CCW is out for now so concealment isn't a worry with the grey.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Mine is going off to Rich today. I'll be picking it up from the MAN himself at the GroupShoot and giving it a workout. I'll have to shoot this weeks competition with my good ole standby Ruger P89.

:lol:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
bob,

if you want to borrow my tactical let me know. I'm not going to make it to shoot tuesday. slammed at work. pm me if you want it.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
aiformula said:
bob,

if you want to borrow my tactical let me know. I'm not going to make it to shoot tuesday. slammed at work. pm me if you want it.
Now that's the kind of camaraderie I remember this forum having. :mrgreen: Keep it up guys.

Krackels

·
Registered
688 Posts
Tony is a good representation of this forum. He plays well with others and shoots pretty damn well too. :roll:
Some of you will even have the unfortunate opportunity to meet Tony at the GroupShoot. I'll apologize for Ohio ahead of time.

I am going to pass on his offer. My Ruger gets upset if I don't take her out and let her sound off once in awhile. :wink:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
bah, we know the real reason... You aren't man enough to handle a tactical :) (now what was that about playing well w/ others)

I might make it down late., but I doubt it. Would be nice to put some rounds through this thing before the weekend though just to make sure it's going to cycle properly. After all, it always screws up just after I clean it (which I did while bored at the shop the other night)

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
R/T Performance said:
So where are the pics since I won a gun coat at the shoot .I'm kind of thinking a blue sub-compact to go with my silver service :D
Michigan Wolverine Blue? That would be cool. Maybe you can put the yellow on the slide cuts and in the engravings. That would look awesome.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Unless hes a state fan! :shock:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
With the blue/silver comment, it looks more like he's a Detroit Liedowns fan. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
XD-Fan

You'll love the difference that trigger job will make(if you haven't already done so).

I've 2 of myXDs to Rich - SC with the #4 and my tactical with the #2

Will be sending my other 2 shortly (gotta help Rich pay the light bill).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just got my pistol back from Rich. The refinish is top quality! I am very happy with the dark gray color that I chose. After I sent it away I was afraid that I would miss the black. No chance of that! I also had the trigger reset shortened and the overtravel removed. All I can say about that is WOW!!! This now feels like a trigger from a weapon costing twice as much as an XD. If you own an XD, send it to Canyon Creek immediately for the trigger job that Rich can do.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It cost me $265 for the full trigger job and all of the metal coated in gun-kote dark gray. Rich is a wonderful business owner too. He told me yesterday after sending my gun back to me that he thought we may have discussed polishing the feed ramps but he couldn't remember, so he did it anyway. I'm not kidding about the trigger. If you own an XD, you owe it to yourself to have this trigger work done by Rich. Now I have to send all of my XDs to the Creek.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would have to agree. After I had my trigger worked on by SA Custom I definitely could feel the difference compared to the stock setup. I tried one of the Canyon Creek guns at the PG shoot and while the overtravel is about the same as on mine the pretravel and reset are much shorter with practically no creep (at least I didn't feel any). Rich mentioned that he set up these guns for competition but I would think that his carry triggers are sweet as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts