Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new fde ISSC M22. .22 LR glock copy..

Ran first mag through perfectly with cheap bulk ammo!

Think I may have gotten a good one or they have worked out some bugs.

Previously noted for only working with the expensive higher power loads.

Love the purchase. At $199 I figured why the heck not.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine... I sanded off the giant white square on the front sight, drilled out a dimple and used some nail polish to give it a more fine tuned colored/sight look. I like the contrast and smaller reference point.

The other is for the wife. They look and feel great. Not bad for .22s. Now I hope the wife's functions as good...

Wife-s with the stock sights. The front square is much larger than the pick shows. Her's came with a matching kershaw knife for the same price as mine. :)

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen!

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Sounds like a good deal.

Here is a stock photo until you post yours...ya big tease :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess my post/pics got the green light by the "man". Thanks mods.

Going to do some serious testing this weekend and I'll let you know how it runs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Just did a couple range reviews. Mainly focused on function feeding cheap ammo. I know everybody said to use ccci but that is what I had on hand.

Part 1

Part 2

Not scientific...
Verdict: yes they are picky about ammo, yes I need to buy the better ammo for these guns.

Keep them clean! They are not glocks and shoot a very dirty round. If shooting cheap stuff in these bring a tool to extract stuck cases just in case.

Had best luck with 22thunderbolt lead round nose. Tons of issues with the federal bulk pack. Not fun with that ammo.

Pretty darn accurate. Failed to document accuracy as most of my time was on malfunctions (again using cheap bulk ammo and not the advised higher quality stuff)

My ruger 10/22 feeds all of this junk fine. I wish these could also. I will move on to the cci mini mags on my next review. Within the first 100-150 rounds with the cheap thunderbolt ammo it was fun and doing well. After that the debris inside led to issues. Cleaned and now wirking fine again.

Out of two m22s tested one was down to single shot after 150 rounds or so. The other held on and continued to do ok with thunder bolt round nose (still some hiccups but was working somewhat..)

Thanks and sorry not very organized. Let me know if you have questions.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Nice review.... Most 22 pistols and converstions are picky about ammo... I stock up on different brands for all the different 22 weapons

1 - 12 of 12 Posts