Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I put my order in for a new S&W M&P15X rifle thursday. Purchased it through S&W's "VIP Purchase Program" for dealers. Work part time at a shop that sells guns and got the rifle for 40% off. When I ordered it S&W told me that it would be 1 to 2 months to get it because they can't make them fast enough. Pretty bummed I have to wait so long but will be stoked to get it. Anyhow, just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I researched the M&P 15X online and at one point in time was all set to buy one. When I found a new 15X at a gun show, I was disappointed. The quad rail attaches like regular hand grips and is not a rigid free float design. In fact on the specimen I handled the quad rail was wobbly and more loose than most plastic hand grips. That would rule it out for a laser aiming device. It might be Okay for a flash light or vertical fore grip. I do like the fixed front sight and flip up rear sight with option to mount an optic on the top rail. If you buy a 15X, you may get buyer's regret and want the more expensive 15T which has a true free float quad rail. I have inspected a few 15T's and one some of them the flat top rail and top rail of the quad rail did not line up.

If you know what you are getting, I am sure the 15X would be a nice weapon. If I was to buy one, I would upgrade the stock slider to a magpul CTR and fit rail covers to protect the finish. On some shop guns , quad rails get beat up just from being placed in the gun racks.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
It'll be worth the wait for sure. Congrats on you new Purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts