Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a Ruger GP100 .357 stainless 6inch barrel on lay-a-way. I had pretty much planned on getting a S&W 686, but it was $200.00 more than the Ruger, and I could not see any difference in the quality of the guns.

If there are any GP 100 owners out there, feel free to chime in and let me know what you like / don't like about your weapon.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
Congrats. We bought an SP101 mainly for the Mrs. and we've been very happy with it. I'd like to get the full-sized GP at some point as well--very solid wheelguns.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have the gp-161, and it is a thing of beauty. The weight makes .357 very manageable, and shooting
.38 with it feels like a .22! You chose very wisely.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I bought a GP-100 four-inch a number of years ago when I found the wife ready to defend the home with a steak knife (did'nt live in the best neighborhood back then).

The Ruger revolvers are great. I'd put one up against another brand any day. I just wish thier autos carried that much weight with me.

I tried to get the wife to shoot my XDs, but she refuses, saying that she likes to see the round thingy turn as she pulls the trigger. I tell her she should be watching the target, not the cylinder :confused:

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Great gun from everything I've read. Suppose to bs able to stand up to alot of rounds. I've wanted one for a while now and was close to buying a used one, but the. I got the 10mm itch and have been looking at the glock 20's instead. Think I'll see if I can't hold the new I gotta have it feeling for a while and revisit which one I really want later.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Having both the GP100 and the SP 101 I can say they are excellent guns and built like a tank!! You made a good choice!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm sure you'll love yours as much as I love mine. Enjoy. They are great guns.

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
I have the 4" version and I wish I had purchased the 6" but I guess longer isn't always better.

Still, its one of my favorites to shoot. Run some .38 Special through it, pleasure to shoot.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I love my Rugers, own 2 SPs and 2 GPs, DAM fine wheel guns, the only thing you will hear bad is typically the warnings on the firearm. a VERY solid WELL built piece. You will be happy.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Ruger does revolvers good!! I have a Security 6 I bought new in the middle 70s and it has had lots of use and lots hot 357 reloads of the time. I am sure the GPs are better. I had an SP101 with the 3 inch barrel it was really impressive, till my wife had to try it and haven't shot it since.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Love the Ruger Wheelguns....Very Well Built..I have several.

Here is my tricked out GP100.

:cool:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great gun. I had the same dilemma as you in regards to wanting 686 but walking out with gp100. It is the only wheel gun I own and I love it. It is a beast!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the gp-161, and it is a thing of beauty. The weight makes .357 very manageable, and shooting
.38 with it feels like a .22! You chose very wisely.
I just picked up a Ruger GP100 a few months ago and I love it! Running .38's through it makes it a dream to shoot! My dads owned one for years and he loves his too. I dont think you could have bought a better wheel gun! (IMO)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thinking about selling my RIA 1911 to fund a GP100 purchase. I am quite enamored with Ruger revolvers since acquiring my LCR.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought my 4" SS GP in 1991 brand new for $325. it was my first handgun purchase,I'll never sell it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts