Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the XDm 3.8 9mm compact on Friday. Now just enduring the countdown of the "Brady" waiting period (5 business days here). Jacked about the new pistol and with the Springfield promo, the 3 free extra mags! Just wish I had a choice on which mags I get for free. (The compact mags are what you get) Found a deal at Buds online for the 19 round mag with the grip extention for $33. Plan on picking up a few of those.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Nice! congrats!

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Good luck with the new gun!! Let us know how you like it after you shoot a few hundred through it!! Am considering the same purchase myself sometime soon.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought the same gun earlier in the month and I love it! I didnt know about the gear up promotion until I bought it and needless to say, that made me even more excited about it.
I will say that I like shooting with the 13 rnd mag more than i like the full size. I dont know why, possibly because i plan on carrying with the short mag in so i want to be comfortable with it.
Congrats on the new gun!

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Congradultions. Great, good looking pistol. Have fun!

·
Premium Member
127,175 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! Picking it up tomorrow from the dealer. I would say pics to follow, but you have all seen them or own one, so I will refrane. My current XDm is a 3.8 .40 S&W. Looking forward to shooting more cost effective 9mm ammo with this one.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Thanks guys! Picking it up tomorrow from the dealer. I would say pics to follow, but you have all seen them or own one, so I will refrane. My current XDm is a 3.8 .40 S&W. Looking forward to shooting more cost effective 9mm ammo with this one.
Thats why I went with a 9mm, I figure I can shoot it more and become more proficient and shot placement as we all know is key

·
Registered
32 Posts
congrats! my next purchase as i'm so very impressed with my xdm3.8'', 9mm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had mine for a few weeks now and have put 300 rounds through it. Love it so far. Its my first gun. I got my free-bees a few days ago as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bought the 40 caliber version about 2 weeks ago, it has become my favoeite gun !
Enjoy and good luck with that pistol ! I know what you mean about the mag promo.
I'd be happier with one of each for the compact, rather than three little mags.
Can't complain though it free !

·
Registered
81 Posts
You're gonna love your 3.8 9mm. I go back and forth between my XDc45 and my 3.8 9mm. Today is the 9's turn to be taggin along on my hip. It's a sweet little gun to shoot and considerably less expensive than his big brother. (.45) Good luck and enjoy that new gun!

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Good deal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts