Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to me in the minority, but I was super excited at the announcement of the new XDm 5.25. I shoot USPSA production with an old XD Tactical and have been waiting a long while for the XDm equivalent to come out. I purchased a still have a regular XDm I purchased a while back, but it just didn't compete with the slide length of my Tactical.

So, I added the 5.25 to my wish list at Buds Gun Shop and low and behold I got an email this morning announcing it was in! Bad part though, I don't think I was the only one because by the time I checked my email it was no longer available. Luckily I did the same thing on gun broker and seconds later an email popped up that one was listed on gun broker. I paid $702.78 for the gun and will pay a $25 transfer fee on Friday when I pick it up from my dealer!

So excited pics to follow.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
The early worm...

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Congrats. I look forward to seeing some pics when she comes in.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Congrats. I for one was also excited to hear about this gun, although I probably won't be getting one.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Let us know about how this pistol operates. Really want one but have 9mm and 45 tactical already and really do not need another long pistol.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I'm pretty sure that they have already made the quantity available requirement ;)

Now it is just a matter of getting it through USPSA.

I already won an IDPA match with mine :D
I was thinking about "devices used to control or reduce recoil" which are not allowed in Production or Limited. I haven't seen one of these guns in person but I'm guessing that's what will push them into Open.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm picking up mine tomorrow. I paid $769 thru my local gun store. Included was a extra mag for a total of 4, a nice Springfield hat and T-shirt and 1 hr range time. No transfer as they are the selling dealer. I like to support the local shop if possible....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can wait the time it takes for them to make it a production gun, until then I'll just shoot limited. I need the practice for three gun anyways. I still get messed up in three gun thinking I am shooting only 10rds when I have 24 loaded.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I made a call into my local gunshop today at 2:30 out of curiousity. I thought maybe I could get on a list or preorder the xdm 5.25. The guy there said they had 2 xdm 5.25 instock, only he would'nt put it on hold. This gun has had me excited for weeks so..........took off from work at 4:30. Purchased at $699.00 by 5:30. It was in there computer but still in back from shipping. Hope it shoots as good as it looks! I see a .100 front sight in it's future and some trigger work but will shoot before. It has been a good day!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As promised... a couple of pictures. The only difference I noticed was the extractor is silver? In my XD40 4" and XDm 9 4.5 they are both black. I don't know if it is a different material or if it's just a different color.

I practiced with it for a day before my local USPSA tournament and shot it in the next day. I shot as usual, but I think it will allow and help with some improvement. I've only been shooting 2 years and am a B class shooter. I've only shot my XD and XDm bone stock, no trigger kits or aftermarket sights only the white three dot. I am actually thinking about defiling this one with a trigger kit in the next couple of months.

·
Registered
345 Posts
As promised... a couple of pictures. The only difference I noticed was the extractor is silver? In my XD40 4" and XDm 9 4.5 they are both black. I don't know if it is a different material or if it's just a different color.

I practiced with it for a day before my local USPSA tournament and shot it in the next day. I shot as usual, but I think it will allow and help with some improvement. I've only been shooting 2 years and am a B class shooter. I've only shot my XD and XDm bone stock, no trigger kits or aftermarket sights only the white three dot. I am actually thinking about defiling this one with a trigger kit in the next couple of months.

I hate you......so very much. Please die in a fire. Thanks.

Ahem....grats man. That is a great buy. I'm sure it will serve you well...........bastard.:evil:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I seem to me in the minority, but I was super excited at the announcement of the new XDm 5.25. I shoot USPSA production with an old XD Tactical and have been waiting a long while for the XDm equivalent to come out. I purchased a still have a regular XDm I purchased a while back, but it just didn't compete with the slide length of my Tactical.

Sweet. I've got the 3.8 and was thinking about getting a 4.5 for range time, but now that the 5.25 is out there I may just have to wait for that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Was about to place my order with Spring Precision, but went to the biggest gun show in the region tonight, just over 1,000 tables and over a mile of walking if you go up and down each isle. Anyway, at the dealer that is always the cheapest, but has the crappiest people working for them, was a brand new XDM 5.25 for $669, and I saw someone filling out paperwork on another, so i said i will take it and it was there last one. They sold all 3 they got in this week in the first hour of the show, thats impressive. The sights are fantastic, trigger is better than either my other 2 XDMs, but still needs some work. I am thinking Powder River Precision kit is in my future now that I will be shooting in ESP class for IDPA.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts