Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just purchased Gen 1 HS2000 (figured out how to tell it was a Gen 1 from this group, thanks)

I paid $200 for the weapon and it came with one SS(I think) clip and the orig box in came in, think I got a great deal, the orig owner I trust said it only had about 300-500 rounds.

I had read somewhere that if the pistol has a "SA" logo on it that it is worth more, this one has a SP stamped inside the slide that can only be seen when the barrel is removed, does this mean anything?

Questions:
- Anyway to tell by the serial when it was made or what # in the production line?
(Actually I just found this myself after I pulled the slide release out. Looks like is was made in Dec of 1999)

- There is also another number(different the the serial) under the same location as where the SP is stamped, any way to ID on this?

- Any updates on the Warranty coverage by Springfield or do you still have to call them and see what answer you get? Is this a hit and miss coverage depending on the mood of the person you spoke with, or is this set in stone?

- I plan on purchasing more mags and believe I have located what I want, and "non-advertising" feedback?

I love the feel of the weapon and might even consider carrying it as my concealed-carry weapon, just need to put a few 100 more rounds in it to see if it has any possibly issues.
I had a Glock 23 for a while, but did not like only 1 physical safety and the 23 was too small for my hangs.

I will be a regular visitor to this group!

Thanks in advance for any feedback and replies to my questions,
Nickso

·
Premium Member
10,574 Posts
Nickso, you made an excellent buy. Tell your
friend thanx for me, his loss, your gain.

Welcome to the forum and shoot that machine
to death, if it has one.

By the way, the serial numbers was a matter of
contention and was never really figured out by the
forum members. No reason nor rhyme to the five
digit numbers. Does yours start with a 3 or 4?

Ed

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The serial starts with a 3.

Have another number that I mentioned in my first post that is 5 digits and starts with 12.

Nickso

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another quick question:

This Gen 1 has the orig dual recoil spring. Should this suffice or am I the only one to know by feel. One strange thing I do notice is that when the weapon is not "cocked", firing pin not extended" the slide feels normal and I have to use "normal" force to pull the slide back.

When the pistol is "cocked", the slide pulls back very easy for about 1/2" and then feels normal.

Is this what everyone else experiences, or does anyone suspect it is time for a new dual coil or move to a single.

Thanks again...

Nickso

·
Premium Member
10,574 Posts
All the above is normal, as I have experienced the
same thing with my HS2K's and XDs.

The 12 in a five digit number must be the one on
the inside front of the frame, marked on the small
metallic insert. I have no reference to it's significance
at all nor did I see any from anyone in the past on
the old forum board (before the hacker).

Your machine is just like it's younger brothers, except
yours may have a weaker extractor (that was a first
problem as quantified by the quality control experts
here on forum), it does not have the front serations
nor the 'hang whatever you want' rail.

Your machine has the same parts as it's younger siblings,
and the warranty which was offered up when the old
importer distributed the machine, will be honored by SA.
You have to pay shipping both ways, to and from SA if
you have to have repairs. As you have read here on the
forum of late, SA nor it's dealers will offer for sale, any
HS2K/XD parts for sale until further notice.

Enjoy your new toy, you have one of the best. Oh,
keep it clean and lubricated.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts