Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with the XDM 3.8 compact in 9mm. I really thought about the .40 but 9mm is just a lot cheaper to shoot than .40S&W. Will take it to the range next week.

I paid $559 plus Washington State sales tax which bumped it up to $613.06. I also got two boxes of American Eagle 115gr FMJ on sale for $9.88 each.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
This is the same gun I have and you'll love it! No regrets here!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Mine is the 4.5", and I love it. I've heard good things about the 3.8" as well. Congrats on the new gun!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I own one also and loved it so much I bought the 40 also. Great guns to carry concealed.
I am curious about how the two shoot; Do you notice any difference between how the two shoot, other than the recoil? Is the shooting characteristics the same?

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Nice weapon. I bought the 40 in 4.5 and ended up buying the nine too!

·
Registered
763 Posts
This gun is awesome....had the 3.8 in .40 and .9mm and traded them both for the compact models so that I have options to carry either one. These are two guns I will never part with.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Congrats. I chose the 3.8 in .40 and the 3.8 "compact" in 9mm. And I'm one that likes the longer grip.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You should love it. I got the 9 and 45 4.5 and they are great. I may have to buy another 9 though. The one I have is supposed to be for my wife. I shot it the other day and loved it. However, she said I cant have it. so I guess i'll just have to buy another one. Im thinking the 3.8 compact in OD green and black.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats! Did you by any chance get it at the Puyallup gun show last weekend? That's where I got my XDm 40 4.5" for $569 plus tax. The seller had lots of XD and XDms.
I went to the Puyallup gun show but I didn't buy it there. I actually bought it from Outdoor Emporium on 4th South in Seattle. Hate that 9.5% tax!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts