Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 1911 R1. Will pick it up Thursday. Can't wait to take it to the range!

·
21,874 Posts
Just bought a 1911 R1. Will pick it up Thursday and take some pics... Can't wait to take it to the range and take some more pics....!
Fixed:D

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, need to take some pictures. I will probably wait until after the first range "meeting". The I will have some pictures.:)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Right, need to take some pictures. I will probably wait until after the first range "meeting". The I will have some pictures.:)
It's a quality 1911. I have one and two of my friends as well, we are all very happy with the purchase.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a quality 1911. I have one and two of my friends as well, we are all very happy with the purchase.
I have always liked Remington shotguns. And one of the many 1911 I carried as an US Army MP was a Remington.
I was told by the sales clerk, that the R1 has a "match grade barrel and trigger". I was thinking of the Citidal .45, but when I saw the R1 and how clear the sights were, I was sold. I also looked at a Springfield GI, but with my eyes I needed better sights. Can't wait till Thursday!

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Congrats, from what I have read, that is a good 1911....

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats! Be sure to post some pics of it. Along with a range report. :)

·
Premium Member
127,275 Posts
Congratulations! Lucky you!

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the Congrats from all. Now, I need a good iwb and owb hoslsters. Anyone with suggestions?

·
Registered
61 Posts
good gun...have several thousand rounds through mine. If you are going to shoot many SWC, stick to wilson mags, much more reliable. Never had any trouble with any brand shooting 230gr. Ball.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good gun...have several thousand rounds through mine. If you are going to shoot many SWC, stick to wilson mags, much more reliable. Never had any trouble with any brand shooting 230gr. Ball.
Any problem with JHP? This will likely be my carry weapon and my XDM will be the "house" weapon.
I know my XDM likes the WWB in both 230 FMJ and JHP.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts