Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never really been into the whole assult rifle thing, always been a pistol type of gunner. I found a Bushmaster yesterday and ended up coming home with it. I don't know a whole lot about them and I'm gonna need some help from you guys.

I am guessing that Pmags are probably the best mags for this rifle, but it seems that the nation has gone stockpile crazy and there is none around. Are there better or equal alternatives?

What ammo is good/best for it?

thanks

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Good buy, they are getting pricey but totally worth it

·
Registered
905 Posts
Congrats!
Picked one up 2 weeks ago, been shooting the ____out of her. No issues... have fun! You got a good one.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
c-products with magpul followers are good but i still prefer pmags

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
I use Georgia Arms "Canned Heat" reloaded .223 Rem for mine Georgia Arms. $345.00 per 1K plus shipping.

I stay away from Wolf ammo but this is by far the cheapest and the dirtiest out there.

·
Registered
559 Posts
check your lower and see if it's in .223 or 5.56. A 5.56 gun will use either 5.56 or 2.23 but if the lower is stamped .223 then you can only run .223 thru it safely.
Winchester Law Enforcement
Also your barrel twist rate has an effect on how heavy of a round you can shoot thru it for stability purpose. My LMT has a 1:7 twist rated machine gun barrel and I can run 77gr bullets thru it without loss of stability. A 1:9 barrel may or may not like 75gr bullets, so look for 62-64gr rds for it and you'll gain some velocity but slightly lower penetration.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
check your lower and see if it's in .223 or 5.56. A 5.56 gun will use either 5.56 or 2.23 but if the lower is stamped .223 then you can only run .223 thru it safely.
The lower could be marked Plasma Rifle for al it matters. ;)
Check the markings on the barrel, that is where the chamber is.
Bushmaster uses 5.56 chambers.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I use C-products mags and I have had no problems with them. Just be sure they have magpul followers. As far as ammo goes, the stick to brass and stay away from steel cased ammo. Once you put about 500 rounds through it then you could use steel cased but for the early life of the rifle I would stick with brass. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the barrel and lower are stamped 5.56 and it also says 1:9 rifle twist. also just ordered some pmags from aimsurplus. on backorder, but at least i'll have them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts