Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the .357 SIG round. My groups arent as tight as they are with my Ruger, but I just got it and its a whole new trigger feel for me.

My only concern is the finish on the slide, I have already scratched it by just putting it into my pocket to change targets and the buttons on my jeans scratched it. Is it normal ? Is there somewhere I can get it coated to look like the Bi-Tone XD's ?

Also, I've noticed when I put it in my belt slide holster, the slide comes back a little bit, not enough to bring it out of battery, but enough you wont see the cocked indicator any more.

I'm new to XD's, I traded a Glock 27 for this one. Great looking board here, I look forward to gaining knowledge from it :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Welcome to the family.

Yep, jean buttons can scratch the finish. It's a recognized problem with the XD's. Some say the scratches and wear add character. Some touch it up with blueing. Some wait a while and send it in for factory rework (lifetime warranty). Some just can't stand it and send it off for a new tougher coating -- there are several options that have been discussed on previous threads.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, I have one too...that's alot of trouble in a very tidy package! Yes, it seems that if the guns cocked the slide has too much freeplay when it's in battery, yet if you squeeze the trigger(with an empty chamber of course) to decock the striker,it seems fine. This, concerns me.I believe the answer may be as simple as switching to an aftermarket guide rod and spring.I'm a fan of the .357 sig as well, I think this round will be with us for sometime,in fact it's beginning to replace the .40.

·
Registered
539 Posts
357 Sig go BOOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!! :twisted: I love it. I just wish i could afford to shoot it more often. Flip side is that after a moderate amount of Range practice I definitely can put more shots on target faster with 9mm. Good thing I like 9mm too. :D

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
You lucky turd you!
I've been lookin for a .357sig XD for months and cant find one around here.
The slide movin around like that is normal. The little scratches is normal too. Springfield might be able to fix it, however there's many different options from different sources.
I hope enjoy your new weapon bro....You'll end up addicted to the XD community here.
Welcome!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This gun does shoot great, and I think a loose grip may have been what was causing my problems. We'll see, Im gonna get some UMC's today and try it again. After what I shot yesterday, I'm up to 250 rounds through it.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
willbond said:
357 Sig go BOOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!! :twisted: I love it. I just wish i could afford to shoot it more often. Flip side is that after a moderate amount of Range practice I definitely can put more shots on target faster with 9mm. Good thing I like 9mm too. :D
Cost no more to shoot than 40 S&W

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Run about 100 more rounds through it today. With the tighter grip I started using, I only had one fail to lock in battery. The only real problem I had today, was after I had been shooting awhile, my groups started gettign wild again, going all over the place. Could that just be from arm fatigue ? I came straight in from work, walked out and started shooting.

By the way, I was thinking that the .357 SIG wasnt much louder than a .40 , until I was shooting right beside one today. Huge difference in sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts