Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wandered into local shop and looky there, its a vortex strikefire. I handled it for a bit then decided I have been a good boy, so I bought it for myself. Can't wait to get to the range. Here it is (Stag 1R)
Sorry if pics are blurry, my camer is not the best.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
dont blame the camera!

looks great! let us know how well it works at the range

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
No room for BUIS?? Looks good but no thank you for me.

Are there multiple configurations of this optic? Any that are shorter in length to allow for a BUIS?

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No room for BUIS?? Looks good but no thank you for me.

Are there multiple configurations of this optic? Any that are shorter in length to allow for a BUIS?
Yes there is. I have the doubler on (2x magnifier). It simply unscrews and goes back to 1x. I just had it on because I was still playing with it.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here it is without the doubler. And keep in mind I do not have red dot at the end of the rail, so ther should be room for buis.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been thinking, is there a downside to mounting a red dot on the carry handle? I can remove my carry handle (as you can see) but I was not wanting to have to purchase a rear sight. What are your guys recommendations?

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my first pic is with doubler, it does not help that I was right next to the wall. I will try to get up some pics showing the difference.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I have been reading and was told that most AimPoint mounts work with this Vortex red dot. I dont know if that is true or not as I have never really seen the AimPoint on anything.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The red dot is crystal clear, the camera does not do it justice but oh well. here is pics of 1x and 2x.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have a clonepoint+cantilever mount on a 22lr dedicated flattop upper, it looks like the same mount would work fine on the Vortex (hmmmmm).

Thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I have been reading and was told that most AimPoint mounts work with this Vortex red dot. I dont know if that is true or not as I have never really seen the AimPoint on anything.
If its a 30mm tube, then any mount for the aimpoint (or any other 30mm scope ring for that matter) will work just fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts