Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and scored 249 out of possible 250. (w/ sixty year "old eyes" to boot).
--
I bought a new XD9 Service model back in October 2012 and I've enjoyed shooting it from the beginning. I put a Hogue 'Handal Slip-on Grip Sleeve' ($6.50) on it and eventually I put a Powder River Precision "Ultimate Match Target Trigger Kit XD" on it ($140 incl shipping). But I mainly did this to reduce the trigger pull weight as it came from the factory of 5.5 lbs, down to 3.5 lbs. (which, to me, is more suitable for CCW). Other than those two items, the handgun is "stock" OEM. Kuddos to Springfield Armory for a great shooting little gun! [Didn't use any special ammo... just Blazer Brass, 115 gr, FMJ] :)

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Congrats. Glad you like your service.

What difference does that prp trigger make?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What difference does that prp trigger make?
Well, like I said, it had the effect of reducing the trigger pull weight (the main reason I bought it). But the particular model of PRP trigger kit I bought also had the over travel stop. So not only did it reduce the pre-travel by about half of the original factory trigger, it also stops the rearward movement of the trigger yielding a very positive and much quicker trigger reset. I did a kind of "review" of the PRP install here, in the gunsmith area back in March. You can do an "Advanced" search on my screen name since the forum won't let me post a link (since I don't have ten posts yet).

·
Premium Member
18,078 Posts
Congrats! I qualified with my XD9 Service also...

Sent from the county jail.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
How many rounds are required now? It was 50 when I got mine three years ago. A perfect score was 300 then also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats. I also Qualified for my Texas CHL with a 249 out of 250 in May also with my SA XD black service, was 68 yo eyes. Great shooter. I like the service model. I wish I had kept my target, but sure looks like yours. Everything is OEM. Will be looking into trigger kit you mentioned as I'd like to make the trigger a little lighter.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Congrats! Great feeling, I know. I used an XDm .45 3.8" compact for the range qual part. Only scored 243 out of 250, but that was almost a year ago. I think I could max it now.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum from the north side of Dallas!

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Congrats! Now watching the DPS progress page becomes painful. :(

4" service. Good gun!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Welcome to the club. I qualified with my 4.5 XDm 9. Decided to go with something smaller for EDC, and bought a Shield. My XDm is my nightstand gun.

·
Premium Member
18,078 Posts
Welcome to the club. I qualified with my 4.5 XDm 9. Decided to go with something smaller for EDC, and bought a Shield. My XDm is my nightstand gun.

Same! Nightstand is the XD 4" with light but love my Shield for EDC.

Sent from the county jail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts