Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Post some pics when you get it... Looks sharp.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Very nice. I am going to pick up either an 870 Express with 7 round tube or a Mossy 500/590 in December.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea this is my first shotgun I never really have used them but I decided it was time to get one for home secuirty(shooting rabbits) lol

The local shop couldnt get ahold of a AR at the moment so I made the choice to get a nice shotty. After the shotty gets here I am going to get a 22lr pistol.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
That one is a keeper.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Can't go wrong with an 870! Tried and true! I've never had a problem with mine. I got a regular Express and put a Hogue forend and pistol grip on it (strictly for home defense).

I don't know why people say not to put pistol grips on shotguns. Even my girlfriend can shoot it just fine and blast a human-sized target from down-the-hallway distance with all 6.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yea this is my first shotgun I never really have used them but I decided it was time to get one for home secuirty(shooting rabbits) lol

The local shop couldnt get ahold of a AR at the moment so I made the choice to get a nice shotty. After the shotty gets here I am going to get a 22lr pistol.
Very sweet, the 870 won't disappoint. Just please PLEASE don't use birdshot for HD... buckshot and only buckshot (you can deside which buckshot you prefer). I'd love to get a .22 pistol... have you started lookin at what you want, or just have the idea in general?

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Man I want that new breaching choke for my HD shotty, that thing is bad ass!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Yeah definitely not bird shot. it would probably not hit any vital organs. I use #4 buck for HD. I guess at close range it works as well as #00, but has less wall penetration? Or at least that's what the gun shop says...hopefully i'll never get to test this theory...

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
ya i will only use buckshot when shes at home, but prolly try a few diff loads when i go to test her out.
Yeah birdshot is fun and cheap (and safer) to go blast stuff in the woods with. I would rather get accidentally peppered with bird than buck. Wally World has a great deal for boxes of 100 bird shot shells.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts