Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finnally ordered my XDM 9mm Bi-Tone ss/od. About 3 months a ago after a Shooting USA segment I got the urge to get involved in uspsa. Most of my expirience is with shotguns and rifles but have always loved pistols. I want to be competitive in the production division and after a lot of research I decided that the XDM 9 was the way to go. So here's a few questions I hope you experts can help me out with.

1. How can I score well right out of the box?
2. Will the few mods that are availble help that much?
3. Was it worth getting the 9 for ammo price and power factor/recoil?
4. Does anyone else appreciate the Stainless and OD Green Bi-Tone?
5. Was it smart to pick the XDM over the Glock, CZ, Sig, or any 1911

I would appreciate any and all replys. The club that I will be shooting at is only in it's second year of uspsa so I hopely I won't fell to far behind. I've a lot of helpful informationfrom this site and hope you guys will keep it coming. This is my first post so sorry if these things have been disussed a million times.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
1. Trigger control. Snap cap drills, dry fire drills, transition drills, drill, drill, drill. The desire to win is only good if the desire to prepare is there.

2. IMHO, put in a tigger kit. If you're somewhat handy, you can do it yourself. Dawson adjustable sights,,,,target rear, fiber front is my fav.

3. IMHO, yes.

4. Absolutely. Great looking piece. But there is a black pajama minority that refuse the "shiny' guns. Just don't be afraid of getting scratches on it. Use it like you mean it.

5. It's an XD board, what do you think?!

·
Banned
41 Posts
I finnally ordered my XDM 9mm Bi-Tone ss/od. About 3 months a ago after a Shooting USA segment I got the urge to get involved in uspsa. Most of my expirience is with shotguns and rifles but have always loved pistols. I want to be competitive in the production division and after a lot of research I decided that the XDM 9 was the way to go. So here's a few questions I hope you experts can help me out with.

I would appreciate any and all replys. The club that I will be shooting at is only in it's second year of uspsa so I hopely I won't fell to far behind. I've a lot of helpful informationfrom this site and hope you guys will keep it coming. This is my first post so sorry if these things have been disussed a million times.

1. Shoot one handed, seriously, get used to it it's the ONLY way to go.

2. Not much, most serious competitors add trigger weight. usually right around a 12# trigger pull.

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Yes

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts