Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
You won't be disappointed. I got mine in a little over four weeks. I can wear it all day in comfort. I did replace the metal belt clips with high strength polymer ones from ebay. These clips are longer than the metal ones so I can run the clips on the bottom hole and still have my gun ride low for concealment without being so low my waistband interferes with the draw stroke. This gives more stability to the holster overall and the polymer clips does not draw as much attention to my belt line as the metal clips which extend down below the belt. Overall a very well made holster and comfortable new but even more so once it molds to your body.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Congrats! I also ordered mine this morning. For almost 1/3 the price of my other holster, I'm interested to see how it compares.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
good luck with it.... A.G. holsters are getting some great reviews. Hope it works well for ya!!

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Had 2....nice holsters....don't care for double clips through....n8 tactical is better for me..m

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
^ Mind sharing a link for those clips?
These are not exactly what I bought but are very similar. The only have one hole and are a little bit shorter than what I have. The belt clip part is the same though. I like these clips much better than the metal ones. I have worn my holster to church with a tucked in button down shirt and nobody saw the belt clips. The metal ones protrude below the belt, while these simply snap under the belt. I like this much better concealment wise. If I was not going to be wearing a tucked in shirt, I would have stayed with the metal clips.
These are for 1 1/2" belts
High Strength Polymer 1 1 2in Clips for Kydex IWB Hybrid Holsters | eBay

These are for 1 3/4" belts
High Strength Polymer 1 3 4in Clips for Kydex IWB Hybrid Holsters | eBay

The ones I bought have four mounting holes and come with mounting hardware. and are made by a ebay user with the screen name chiefjason50. I don't think he currently has any for sale. One word of caution though I bought some kydex belt clips from another holster maker on ebay and they seem much more fragile than these polymer clips and they are low quality size wise.

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These are not exactly what I bought but are very similar. The only have one hole and are a little bit shorter than what I have. The belt clip part is the same though. I like these clips much better than the metal ones. I have worn my holster to church with a tucked in button down shirt and nobody saw the belt clips. The metal ones protrude below the belt, while these simply snap under the belt. I like this much better concealment wise. If I was not going to be wearing a tucked in shirt, I would have stayed with the metal clips.
These are for 1 1/2" belts
High Strength Polymer 1 1 2in Clips for Kydex IWB Hybrid Holsters | eBay

These are for 1 3/4" belts
High Strength Polymer 1 3 4in Clips for Kydex IWB Hybrid Holsters | eBay

The ones I bought have four mounting holes and come with mounting hardware. and are made by a ebay user with the screen name chiefjason50. I don't think he currently has any for sale. One word of caution though I bought some kydex belt clips from another holster maker on ebay and they seem much more fragile than these polymer clips and they are low quality size wise.
thx i will grab some if i dont like the metal

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Great holster I have one and have went back to buy the shell for my G27 and G19, have one also for my XDm 4.5 .45.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I ordered a set of clips from MTO holster on ebay for $6.99 with free shipping. I can tell a big difference in quality between the kydex ones and the polymer ones I purchased for my Alien Gear. The kydex ones do not close all the way after I wear them. I do have a Foxx IWB mag holster with a kydex clip and it does seem to a much better quality clip than the ones from MTO holster. Personally I like the polymer clips over the kydex ones that I have and found them to be a good addition to my Alien Gear even though they cost a little bit more than the kydex ones.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ordered a holster from Alien gear also just over 2 weeks ago now so hopefully it won't be to much longer before I have it in hand. Also ordered a G Code thigh holster a few days before the AG, looks like its going to be about 3 months or so before it even ships. Supposed to be very good holsters, just don't think they are that good, however its not something I just have to have so until it gets here I'll just make do with the holster that came with the XDM and the AG.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up one of their holsters a while back for a Bersa Thunder 380. The fit and finish of the holster was excellent. I keep wanting to pull the trigger on one for my Ruger SR1911, but I just haven't done it yet...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I thought 4-6 weeks was a long time too, so I called the company. I got a real person named Jake. He apologized for the delay and explained that they had received a lot of good press and reviews lately and that led to a lot more customers faster than they were planning of expanding the business. He said the delay was with their leather supplier. He is having a hard time keeping up with all AlienGear's orders, but he did tell me that they can ship shells out immediately and they have increased their production crew so they can cut and treat the leather as fast as it arrives to work though the back log.

I'm looking forward to my new holster. With a company that cares enough to explain all this to a customer on the phone, they must put a lot of care into making their products.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I thought 4-6 weeks was a long time too, so I called the company. I got a real person named Jake. He apologized for the delay and explained that they had received a lot of good press and reviews lately and that led to a lot more customers faster than they were planning of expanding the business. He said the delay was with their leather supplier. He is having a hard time keeping up with all AlienGear's orders, but he did tell me that they can ship shells out immediately and they have increased their production crew so they can cut and treat the leather as fast as it arrives to work though the back log.

I'm looking forward to my new holster. With a company that cares enough to explain all this to a customer on the phone, they must put a lot of care into making their products.
Good to know, ordered one for my 19 yesterday.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well I'm at week 5 of the wait for mine and still haven't heard anything about it being ready to ship. If I haven't heard anything by the middle of next week guess I'll give them a call. Still don't think I'm going to have to wait as long for this one as my G Code but it would be nice to have at least one of the holsters that I've ordered.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Just got my shipping email, did the tan leather instead of black. Someone mentioned the tan would have less wait time.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts