Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a Springfield Armory 1911 stainless steel loaded with Trijicon Night sights. Waiting to hear how long it will be before it comes in. The LE rep said they just finished a production run, so she will have to get back to me with when they will expect their next batch. Am very excited and hope it doesn't take too long because I want to start carrying it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Nice gun, great shooter; a bit heavy. Got 2! Congrats.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I think it was made in Brazil. I picked up a SA Loaded at Camp Perry last month and I love it. Only have about 50rds through it so far but it's a sweet, sweet sidearm

·
Registered
538 Posts
Good buy! SA makes a wicked 1911. Only thing that kept me from making my first 1911 a SA was the palm swell. Something tells me in the future i will be acquiring one however...

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I'm curious, where the SA 1911 is made? I think my XDm was made in Croatia...
If by "made" you mean assembled then some are "made" in the US and others in Brazil. If the serial number begins with "NM" it was assembled in the US.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I love mine serial number starts with N also says made in Brazil. It is a bit heavy but shoots damn good. Worth every penny just sorry I didn't get the stainless one.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Congratulations on a great choice. Be sure to brake that baby in before carrying. Normally between 350-500 rounds of 230 gr. FMJ downrange is recommended. Then be sure the ammo you want to carry will work flawlessly as well because Springfields can be finicky with some hollow points. Any problems come-up Sprinfield Customer Service will take care of it, they go above and beyond to honor their warranty.A range report and pictures after you get it would be nice.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I would not fear a Brazilian made Springer. My GI has been perfect and is surprisingly accurate for such a basic pistol.

The Brazilian maker, Imbel, is an old military contractor and known as a quality gun maker. Don't think Rossi or Taurus...Imbel's stuff is MUCH better.

Nice choice....everyone I know that has one loves it.

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
GI's are all Made In Brazil ; All Range Officer, TRP, Custom Shop guns are made of forgings from Brazil

NM serial numbers ~blank metal forgings come from Brazil, all machining / assembly done in Geneseo IL

Hope it helps. Great Guns!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am not too worried about whether its made/assembled in Brazil. Most of the guys I work with who carry 1911s on duty, carry Springfields. We do have a couple who carry Kimbers. One of the guys who used to be a Kimber fan, had so many problems with it, he sold it he sent it back to Kimber 2-3 times. He is now Springfield fan. The only downside to buying Springfield is the long wait time, but I don't mind waiting for a good product.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice, I also have on order a SA Loaded 9mm and a SA Champion .45 that I ordered 2 days later.

Been on order for about a month now. At least gives me time to slowly pay the balance. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts