Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local gun store and ordered a new XD 4" service model in OD green with the ported barrel. Should see it next week. Its in .40S&W. Sold my sig P250 to fund this gun. Can't wait to get it and put some lead down range with it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Wouldn't mind having that color option one day.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can't wait to get back to the US and start buying guns. I am going to get the XD black, but was considering the bi-tone.

why didn't you get the XDM?

·
Banned
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't wait to get back to the US and start buying guns. I am going to get the XD black, but was considering the bi-tone.

why didn't you get the XDM?
I almost bought a XDm .40 Compact, but I decided to get the ported model instead. I'll have a XDm someday. This will be my third XD pistol. My other two are evidence in a home break in that happened last Dec. They stole both of them, and a Ruger of my dad's. I'll get all them back at a later date. I'll make sure to let you guys know. I already started a thread about it in the chatter box section of the forum. Check it out before it gets locked. lol.

·
Banned
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It came in today. Picked it up, and did a quick photo shoot with it. If the weather holds tomorrow I'll put some rounds through her...

·
Registered
895 Posts
You got yourself there a nice V10

·
Registered
895 Posts
PHATSPEED7X said:
Thanks! Can't wait to see how she handles... ;)
I'm sure it will handle beautifully, if any caliber needs compensation it's definitely the .40. I have a glock 19 compensated in 9mm it's not needed on this particular caliber but it's f'ing cool.

·
Banned
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OMG this thing is awesome to shoot! The V10 porting really helps reduce muzzle climb, and allows for fast follow up shots. I ran a box of ammo through it, and only had one malfunction. A round stove piped on the first magazine. But it was the last round in that magazine. Never had a one do that before in any gun. The rest of the ammo ran like a champ, and the XD ate it up as fast as I could pull the trigger.

Here is a pic of that stove pipe...

So far I'm extremely happy with the gun, and can't wait to go shooting tomorrow with Amanda. She wants to shoot it too. Her ex hubby took the XD subcompact when the divorce was finalized (guess it was his), so all she has currently is her CZ. But her custom 1911 should be done here by the end of the month.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts