Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did my searching and the Desantis Tuck-This! seemed to fit what I needed for the XD9 subby. I'm anticipating my CCW soon and I had heard good things about the holster. I found it in an eBay store for 22.95 + a buck postage.

Until I get the permit, I will have it with me in the car and I need something to pad the gun from the plastic console liner. I also liked the mag holder being a part of the holster.

Any of you with this model... does the way the mag is positioned on the holster sacrifice any comfort or concealability? The pictures provided by Desantis did not lead me to believe so.

Looking forward to its arrival this week.

Clay

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I can't tell you much about the holster, I like Kydex. Fist makes them for pretty cheap and you can buy them from http://www.gunnersalley.com/.. Those guys will treat you well..

I did get a little hair raised on the back of my neck by your post though.. Dude.. DO NOT CARRY YOUR GUN CONCEALED IN YOUR CAR IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PERMIT TO CARRY!! You could really get into a lot of trouble. I am not sure what state you are from, but I think it is pretty much universal, that you have to have a permit to carry BEFORE you can conceal your weapon.

As far as I know, it is perfectly legal, (in Oregon) to carry a gun plainly in sight in your car.. but you can't just put it into the glovebox while you run into 7-11 to get a slurpee...

Check out http://www.packing.org for info in your state. Stay safe, and don't break the law.

Raymond

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Captain Ray said:
I did get a little hair raised on the back of my neck by your post though.. Dude.. DO NOT CARRY YOUR GUN CONCEALED IN YOUR CAR IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PERMIT TO CARRY!! You could really get into a lot of trouble. I am not sure what state you are from, but I think it is pretty much universal, that you have to have a permit to carry BEFORE you can conceal your weapon.
Thanks for your concern. But don't worry, it's perfectly legal in Georgia to do so.

Georgia Code 16-11-126 states: It is unlawful to carry a handgun or concealable firearm, openly or concealed, on or about one`s person without a license to carry.

Exceptions: No license is required:
3. To transport a loaded firearm in a private motor vehicle, provided it is carried in an open manner fully exposed to view, or is in the vehicle`s glove compartment, console, or similar compartment.

Our cars are considered an extension of our homes from what I gather.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Man I sure wish that California would wake up and make a penal code like that. :x

Tim

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Good.. if it is legal in Georgia, then it is good for you.

Solus Christus.. Judgement... interesting phrase.... I am curious that you would chose that for your siggy line.

Raymond

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Captain Ray said:
Solus Christus.. Judgement... interesting phrase.... I am curious that you would chose that for your siggy line.
It's one of the Solas of the Protestant Reformation. I'm not judging at all. This is not the proper forum for this discussion, so PM me if you'd like to continue.

Clay

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
woodro said:
And back to the topic... anyone have input on the Tuck-This! with a SC? I appreciate the feedback.
I've got an XDSC (9mm) and the Tuck This holster. I really like it. My only negative is that the spare mag holder can allow the mag to slide out (dropped down my pants leg at home one day). It's not as restraind as the gun. I'm going to modify it and put a strap over it. Until then, I rarely carry it with an extra mag.

Other than, I'm very pleased with it and use it daily. AND, I paid more for it - ~$36.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts