Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after doing a lot of research the past week or so I've finally decided to go with Truglo TFOs for my XDm over Meps and Trijicon. I think the TFOs give the best of both worlds and being almost 40 dollars cheaper than the Trijicon HDs made the decision a no brainer.

I ended up paying $75 for the TFOs on Amazon. That's an unbelievable price if you ask me, and it's $20 bucks cheaper than on James' website xdman.com/xd-hs2000.com

They should be here within the next week or so. I can't wait to get to the range and let ya'll know how they function. And if anyone wants the link to purchase them just let me know and I'll be glad to give it to you.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Congrats. Let's see some pics when you get them installed.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Are you going to do the stock sight removal yourself? You might be calling James, anyway. You bearded the lion in his den, I hope James doesn't charge you an extra $20.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Are you going to do the stock sight removal yourself? You might be calling James, anyway. You bearded the lion in his den, I hope James doesn't charge you an extra $20.
Oops!

Just to adjust sights on my XD I went to 3 different shops and they all failed. 1 even broke his new sight pusher. I ended up sending it in to Springfield. I'm going to get TFO's eventually for it and I won't trust anyone but James to do them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't mean to offend him or anyone else. I was just simply stating a fact that i got them cheaper than he offered. He should want his customers to get their products as cheap as possible whether it's from him or not. But to answer your question, no, I'm going to a gunsmith locally.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
TFOs are the da' bomb. Love them on my XDM, Glock 17, and Shield.

Note: Buy them from James and he installs them for FREE on your slide including return postage. I don't know many gun shops that do that when you walk in with your own sights bought some place else. (Hope the OP gets a good deal on installation.) :rolleyes:

James does all my sight work. I don't trust anyone else. :cool:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
+1 for James - had him do the TFO's on my XDm 9mm 4.5 and very happy. Went to a local "gunsmith" before sending to James and was told they would have to "charge you double because Springfields are a B**ch to work on". They also wanted to charge me a lot more for the TFO's to start with.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
I didn't mean to offend him or anyone else. I was just simply stating a fact that i got them cheaper than he offered. He should want his customers to get their products as cheap as possible whether it's from him or not. But to answer your question, no, I'm going to a gunsmith locally.
No one should be offended, I charge 95.00 for the sights and 9.50 for return shipping after free install. So 104.50 total.

If you pay 75.00 for the sights and 20.00 for the local install your at 95.00 total and saved on shipping.

If you pay 75.00 for the sights then send them to me Icharge 25.00 for the install and return shipping so you would be at a 100.00 and still be cheaper.

If the install is more expensive locally is we're I would be cheaper, and all of our sights are no more than a month or two old. We do not stock old sights some budget places can have older sights.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
All my sights have been done professionally by James. The turn around is quick and work is amazing no nicks or scratches like the local amateurs.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No one should be offended, I charge 95.00 for the sights and 9.50 for return shipping after free install. So 104.50 total.

If you pay 75.00 for the sights and 20.00 for the local install your at 95.00 total and saved on shipping.

If you pay 75.00 for the sights then send them to me Icharge 25.00 for the install and return shipping so you would be at a 100.00 and still be cheaper.

If the install is more expensive locally is we're I would be cheaper, and all of our sights are no more than a month or two old. We do not stock old sights some budget places can have older sights.
From what all I can tell, you seem like an awesome guy and an even better gunsmith. I would have no reservations sending you my weapon, I'm just an impatient s.o.b. lol. Plus I just didn't wanna go through the hassle of going to the post office and all that other b.s. . But how do i tell how old my sights are?

·
Registered
81 Posts

I wasn't aware you did free install with purchase. This thread became a good thing for business. I'll be sending you 2 xdm slides hopefully in the next couple months. A friend of mine has an xds I'm almost positive will do the same once he seems them on mine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wasn't aware you did free install with purchase. This thread became a good thing for business. I'll be sending you 2 xdm slides hopefully in the next couple months. A friend of mine has an xds I'm almost positive will do the same once he seems them on mine.
I'm glad I could assist:grin:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
From what all I can tell, you seem like an awesome guy and an even better gunsmith. I would have no reservations sending you my weapon, I'm just an impatient s.o.b. lol. Plus I just didn't wanna go through the hassle of going to the post office and all that other b.s. . But how do i tell how old my sights are?
James has pretty fast service. Sent him my slide and got it back with the new sights within a week. Just be sure to tape up the package real good (instructions on his web site).

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
In my experience with Truglo TFO's day & night sights I like them! I currently have a set on my Glock 21 FDE model. I had them professionally installed by a local gun store which only cost me $15 dollars which was awesome normally everyone in the area where I live charges more.

Congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How "on" are the sights after installing them James? Is it a crap shoot as to how much adjustment is needed or can you get them on target by just having the slide?

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
How "on" are the sights after installing them James? Is it a crap shoot as to how much adjustment is needed or can you get them on target by just having the slide?
Side to side I do lots of measuring so you should be good. But new sights do not fix bad trigger habits.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts