Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought the kit a month or so ago and was waiting for the "perfect" day with nothing to do so I could take my time. Installation went EXCELLENT with very minor fitting. Was going to polish the parts but everything dropped in so nicely I didn't see the need to. The part that took the longest for me was fitting the overtravel stop on the trigger. I checked for fire and reset a countless number of times and works great. My only minor issue is when I pull the trigger it seems to push the slide "up" ever so slightly and when I check for functionality when pushing the slide down nothing happens. Does this mean I need to remove more material from the integral overtravel stop on the trigger? I just want to make sure I understand it correctly prior to taking off more material.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
yes, remove material until trigger releases while pushing down on slide. If not then it will not function when cold. Some folks on this forum put gun in freezer and test to be sure. I don't because I escaped from bitter cold winters :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it! Thank you for the clarification! I just didn't want to take too much off and create overtravel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts