Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the other posts about light strikes. I went to the range today...my first solo venture after the class. First two were light strikes...could it have been the way I racked the gun? Does your release when racking produce potential light strikes?
It was a learning experience because i did get befuddled and froze....sigh

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I read the other posts about light strikes. I went to the range today...my first solo venture after the class. First two were light strikes...could it have been the way I racked the gun? Does your release when racking produce potential light strikes?
I haven't gotten any light strikes so far with with either of my XDS handguns. But the XDS 45 3.3 was tight when I first got it. When I dry fired it early on it wouldn't return to battery sometimes. That gradually went away from shooting and dry firing. Like I said, it never translated to live firing, thankfully. Dry fire the heck out of it and clean the striker channel if you haven't already and go at it again. Hopefully it work work itself out with breaking it in and keeping the striker channel clean and dry.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yes, it could be how you're racking the slide. Make sure you rack it hard. It likes to be treated rough. Lock your slide back and insert your mag and release the slide by using the slide release. If the light strikes stops then that means you're not racking it hard enough or you're helping the slide forward. The XDS doesn't like it when you help the slide home. It will keep it from going into full battery therefore causing light strikes. Another thing is to check your striker channel and make sure it's nice and dry of any oil.

·
Registered
357 Posts
If it's new, clean it and oil it (not the striker channel). Mine, likes oil on the rails. Of course, that was before the first 1500 rounds. YMMV

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Yes, it could be how you're racking the slide. Make sure you rack it hard. It likes to be treated rough. Lock your slide back and insert your mag and release the slide by using the slide release. If the light strikes stops then that means you're not racking it hard enough or you're helping the slide forward. The XDS doesn't like it when you help the slide home. It will keep it from going into full battery therefore causing light strikes. Another thing is to check your striker channel and make sure it's nice and dry of any oil.
Sling shot that slide, hard enough to have your hand impact your shoulder. Don't ***** foot around on any gun, it can handle it. Don't be timid and I'm on of those who never used the slide release, no reason to. Rack it home like you mean it!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sling shot that slide, hard enough to have your hand impact your shoulder. Don't ***** foot around on any gun, it can handle it. Don't be timid and I'm on of those who never used the slide release, no reason to. Rack it home like you mean it!!!

Ok thanks! I will show her "who is her daddy"

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
How you rack the slide won't cause light primer strikes.

With a striker fired gun, it'd be a weak spring or an obstruction in the striker channel.

Battery when talking about guns or artillery refers to the slide or built being fully forward and locked into the firing position.

As in your slide being all the way forward and the barrel lugs locked up in place.

What kind of ammo were you using? Some brands are known for exceptionally hard primers.

·
Registered
319 Posts
  • Make sure the striker channel and the striker itself is 100% clean/dry.
  • Either buff/polish the rails (specifically where you already see wear) or rack the slide repeatedly to ensure smooth action and to remove any possible factory burs.
  • Make sure everything (minus the striker area) is well oiled.

If you do all of the above you shouldn't have any issues. :)

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Battery?!? THIS THANK RUNS ON BATTERIES ?!?
:lol:

Reverse the polarity of the flux capacitor too. Common problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:lol:

Reverse the polarity of the flux capacitor too. Common problem.
Nathan, I might be new at this but I'm not stupid and frankly I am insulted by your post.

REVERSING THE FLUX CAPACITATOR was the first thing I did when I got the gun!

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Nathan, I might be new at this but I'm not stupid and frankly I am insulted by your post.

REVERSING THE FLUX CAPACITATOR was the first thing I did when I got the gun!
Good! As it should be!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts