Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 40SC back from Daniel at Powder River. He installed a set of Trijicon night sights that I picked up from a friend - SP01. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet but they look great and Daniel did a fantastic job with the installation - not a mark on the slide.

I'm looking forward to shooting it in the next day or so.

This is my primary carry gun but is also serves as a car gun from time to time. I think I will pick up an Insight X2L for that purpose. I also have an XDm with an Insight XTi as a nightstand piece. I also ordered the Powder River trigger kit with the SC sight installation but haven't installed it yet.

Lots of projects, too little time...

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
I just got some trijicons on my 40sc also and i really like them a lot. installation was included if i purchased the sights from them.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I will be interested to see how you like them once you get to the range.

I am looking to get them on my XD-40 service. They were out last week but they will call when they come in so I can get them installed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far I like them too but I haven't got back to the range yet. I called all of the places I could find around here and they were more than Daniel at Powder River including the shipping...

Gander Mountain in West Palm quoted me $60.

The "trigger kit" is two pieces - a replacement safety lever and an added overtravel stop. The safety lever is a drop-in - pretty much anyone can do it if you have a pin punch. The overtravel stop needs to be "fitted" but it is very easy - it is made of plastic and can be sanded to fit. There are some great instructions on this forum:

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/latest...r-precision-safety-lever-overtravel-stop.html

I haven't put it in the XDm yet, maybe this weekend if I get some time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts