Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Save all of the "you have to ask for permission?" bravado. My wife and I prefer to communicate with each other!

Anyways... I let her know I was interested in getting a new handgun... I told her which one and mentioned I wanted to get it before mid-November to make sure I could take advantage of the three free magazines.

She said "absolutely... thanks for letting me know! Is that the 'competition' model? Sweet... I hope that means you are gonna start running some competitions... you've been talking about doing it forever!"

She is excited for me. *I* am excited for me! :p Gonna try and get it ordered tomorrow!!! I can't wait!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
The sound of the whip!!! Nice gun though :D

·
Registered
428 Posts
I get that and I'm not even married yet. Thata cool though man. Congrats on a great gun and what sounds like a pretty good woman.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Its better to ask for forgiveness than to ask permission!- usually works for me :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Save all of the "you have to ask for permission?" bravado. My wife and I prefer to communicate with each other!

Anyways... I let her know I was interested in getting a new handgun... I told her which one and mentioned I wanted to get it before mid-November to make sure I could take advantage of the three free magazines.

She said "absolutely... thanks for letting me know! Is that the 'competition' model? Sweet... I hope that means you are gonna start running some competitions... you've been talking about doing it forever!"

She is excited for me. *I* am excited for me! :p Gonna try and get it ordered tomorrow!!! I can't wait!
You are a smart man!! I say this as someone married for 39 years and also a mental health professional who does marriage counseling and... owns about 15 handguns. As you say, communication up front makes for less explosions on the other side of things. If it is in the budget, my wife has no problem with what I get and if it is not in the budget I'd better not be getting it anyway. She is totally supportive as I am of things she does - works out well for us for a long time. BTW yes she shoots, has a permit and all that but even if she didn't would be this way.

Enjoy your new blaster. Still waiting to get my 5.25, need to sell a couple of things first and as long as I hit 11/30 to get the free mags that work. Our USPSA season is over until next May :( with just some indoor matches and a couple in the cold until then, so when next season comes around will have it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Funny....I just bought my wife a 5.25 with competition modifications from Springer Precision. I just told her that I have a surprise for her. It will be at my FFL on Tuesday. She's currently at an action pistol competition & I figured I'd replace her current gun (FNX-9) with a real competition gun.

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's cool that your wife actually supports your addiction. My wife doesn't really care she is just glad that I finally found a hobby other than playing video games.:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm liking my 5.25 so far. Third trip to the range today. It out shoots me but I'm getting better with it. My dad is a bi-focal shooter so the fiber optic front sight helped him.

Hey Jokerpro nice light. My XD 45 wears a TLR-3 to bed every night. I believe a guy could hunt racoons with it!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats on the new gun! Got my XDm 5.25 9mm last month. Still love it! Going to the range tommorrow. Does anybody have a suggestion for a laser?
PS: My wife likes the Xdm. She shoots with me sometimes!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Love it! I am a beleiver in talking. Works for us...could truely buy what i want, but run it buy her and think of the money...I've got great guns and can't complain....plus, she shoots...BONEUS! Life is good...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes, my 5.25 is a 9mm. I like shooting for 22 cents per round!!!!!!

The RO has caught my eye. How do you like yours? Did it require any mods to meet your needs?

P.S. - I talked with the wife before I bought my 5.25 as well. The only thing she is upset about is the fact she hasn't had a chance to shoot it yet. It may be a while because she's a Glock shooter. LOL!

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Buy a Glock, and stop asking for permission :p
Then use that saved money to buy ammo.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Congrats, you will love the 5.25.... Bi-tone or Black......???

Sounds like you have a relationship that will last....

·
Registered
163 Posts
You should be able to find just about any sight you desire for your RO br0ck. The burrs on the rear should be easy to smooth out as well.

I must say being gainfully employed and living in America does have its perks. One such perk is the freedom to walk into a gun shop from time to time and purchase what ever I want because simply put, it's what I want.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Glocks are great guns... no denying it. But I don't care for 'em... they just aren't for me. Glock/Springfield, Ford/Chevy, Nikon/Canon, Apple/Android... I don't get in to brand wars and rarely do I suggest to others what they should use (since what is best for me may not be best for them). Not saying you... but too many people for some reason feel the need to justify their own purchases by pushing others to buy the same thing. I'm not sure why they need that type of validation to enjoy their own purchases... they should just be happy and content with their own toys. It is great that you've found a brand that works for you though.
I agree, and was just razzing you a bit, because I just bought one ... Besides, you said don't talk about getting permission, so it's all I could think of.

Congratulations for having an understanding wife ... Some don't !!

Also,
Enjoy the 5.25, and don't forget to let the wife shoot it :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up my first XD Saturday, and it was a 5.25. I like it. It is fun to shoot, and I'm sure I'll be putting a lot of rounds down the barrel.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Maybe if you titled your post differantly people would not get the idea that you are PW'd! Why not just say after stewing about it for a while I bought a new toy?

My wife and I talk and when it comes to buying something we just let each other know because both of us are so cheap that we don't spend any money without thinking about it long and hard first. I thought about buying a new handgun for maybe a year before I jumped in and bought one. Mama knew for darned near that long about it. When I finally bought I told her I was going to buy a gun the next day she asked to come along to see what I was buying.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Don't tell my wife, because I use this to my advantage. She buys lots of little stuff all the time, and feels guilty since I "don't buy anything for myself". She doesn't realize the expensive gun purchase 3-4 times a year ends up costing us about the same as all her little purchases.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts