Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the West Palm Beach Gun Show today. WHAT A ZOO !!!

I have never seen it so crowded - I waited in line for 30 min just to get inside. The large dealers that are always there had lots of inventory and amazingly, the prices were not bad - I expected worse. I was mainly going for the "spectacle" but I figured if the price was right, I would buy.

I picked up an XD40SC and I am hoping to shoot it tomorrow. I cleaned up most of the oil in it, brushed and cleaned the barrel, and cycled 6 snap caps through each mag about 5 times.

Hopefully I can get 100 rounds through it tomorrow. My XDm 40 has a friend to keep it company now...

Now I've got two - one more than I need and one less than I want...

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
The .40sc is an awesome little gun. Congrats

·
Registered
74 Posts
Very nice choice!
I've had my XD.40SC for almost a year, about a month ago, I purchased a new XD.45C at the Melbourne gun show, now Ive been thinking about an XDM.9 to keep the other two company, unfortunately with the election results I,am leaning towards building an AR 15 before the gun laws change, again great choice of weapon. :-D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got to the range today and put 100 rounds of WWB through it. As expected, it performed FLAWLESSLY.

I started the same as with my XDm - one round in each mag, then 2, then 5, then filled'em up and let it rip.

By the second 50, I started trying to shoot it accurately and was very impressed. It seems to shoot Point of Aim although I did not try it on a rest.

What I did not expect was that I seemed to be able to shoot the short (9 round) mag better than the extended (12 round) mag. I am pretty sure that it is my grip - I put my weak hand under the short mag but the extended mag requires me to wrap it around my strong hand. ...Practice...

This one is definitely a "keeper". I wonder what I should get next ???

·
Registered
277 Posts
I went to the West Palm Beach Gun Show today. WHAT A ZOO !!!

I have never seen it so crowded - I waited in line for 30 min just to get inside. The large dealers that are always there had lots of inventory and amazingly, the prices were not bad - I expected worse.
I went Saturday late in the afternoon and I didnt have to wait in line. I was expecting the prices to be high as well but they were about the same as the last two times, i saw the XDM 9 and it was really hard for me not to buy it the best price was $589. The lines for the paperwork on the large dealers were a little long. But like db says they had good inventory.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I've heard the shows are going crazy! I wish that would have one in S. Oregon soon, nows the time!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts