Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I saw the other birthday thread and figured I'd post a few pics of my new toy.

Got it for $150, from Joe Bob Outfitters ordered on July 12th, got it on the 15th. Free shipping.

So far I love it, looks great, dot is clear in daylight and on the highest setting, way to bright for dim lighting. The power button seems to be more recessed on this run as opposed to the originals (not sure when they started with the recessed power button). I gave it a rough zero looking through the sights and putting the dot on top of the post, but next week I will make a trip to the range to get it properly zeroed.

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good! :cool:
Thanks! Hmm, you're from Hayes, Kansas (same place my shipment came from) and your name is JoeBob? Very interesting.

Seriously, you guys have great customer service (really helped me out on a previous order that got lost/screwed up from my own fault) and great prices. Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Thanks! Hmm, you're from Hayes, Kansas (same place my shipment came from) and your name is JoeBob? Very interesting.

Seriously, you guys have great customer service (really helped me out on a previous order that got lost/screwed up from my own fault) and great prices. Keep up the good work.
Sounds like an odd coincidence ;)

Thanks again for the order!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Congrats she looks great...:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looking at getting this or the Valdada R.D.S the guy I'm building my AR with is pushing me towards the Valdada, but I've read great things about the Vortex Strike Fire and SPARC.

Let me know how it goes at the range.

·
Registered
518 Posts
looks gooooood! how do you like the MOE stock? Fit well?(Full spikes im assuming?) Been toying with the idea of getting one...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking at getting this or the Valdada R.D.S the guy I'm building my AR with is pushing me towards the Valdada, but I've read great things about the Vortex Strike Fire and SPARC.

Let me know how it goes at the range.
That seems like a decent optic, I just prefered the covered turrets on the Vortex and the button opteration of on/off and brightness.

I'll post again as soon as I hit the range, which should be Friday, hopefully.

looks gooooood! how do you like the MOE stock? Fit well?(Full spikes im assuming?) Been toying with the idea of getting one...
Yup, all Spikes, built the lower (DD LPK and buffer tube and castle nut/retaining plate and buffer spring from JoeBob) and got the complete upper from AIM, with the MOE handguards on it. I really like the stock, I did get the enhanced buttpad though. Not for recoil, just to add a little length, I like mine extended all the way since I have fairly broad shoulders.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got back from the range. This scope is great. Shot 20 rds. to get it zeroed. (had dad with me to help with the spotting). Shot another 15 or so to just fine tune the zero a little more. Dad shot a few too. ( 3 in the white on the lower target, and 2 in the red.)

Shot the first 20 without the 2x mag at the top target.
Shot the next 20, with the first 8 at the top target, then dad shot 5 at the bottom, and I finished with last few 5 ish in the red. (Sorry, I lost track of the groups) Anyways, I left the range hitting the red consistently (9 of the last 10 shots). The red circle is supposed to be 4 moa, based on the place I found the target.

Overall, the scope is super easy to adjust, it uses the coin slot turrets. They have a very audible and easy to feel "click" to them. The dot was nice and bright and I was shooting at noon and the dot was on the white target, could still see it well. Overall, if you are in the market for a budget red dot, I would go with the StrikeFire.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts