Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been lurking here for awhile but my new and first XD showed up today so I might as well speak up. I took it to the range this evening and love it! My 9mm conversion barrel also showed up today (thanks to Pistol-Gear, great sevice btw) so in total I fired 150rds of 40S&W and 300rds of 9mm so far and it works great. :D It is very accurate with the 40 and not bad with the 9mm. I think that I need to custom fit the 9mm barrel to the slide a bit to really get it shooting but it functions very well. The only problem with the 9mm conversion is that it tends to lock the slide back with one round left in the mag when using the 40 mags and quite few of the ejected rounds hit me in the head but they are not going fast enought to hurt or anything so I just started ignore them and kept shooting. I really love the feel of the gun, it feels alot like a Hi-power and points like one to. I really recomend you check these out if you like shooting Hi-powers but want to try a newer handgun.

·
Premium Member
21,698 Posts
sounds like u gotthings cookin very well, ive been stewin over thise barrels myself, glad they are workin for ya, and welcome aboard , cant haveto many xd people around

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought my Tactical XD-40 a month or so back. Have put about 500 rds through it. It shoots great and is very accurate. I should say it is more accurate than I am! :D

Enjoy a great gun!

·
Registered
359 Posts
The more and more my wife and I shoot her 9mm XDsub, the fewer ejections we get straight at our heads! Hopefully, it will get better.

From what I have read here on the forum, I'd say that using 9mm in your .40 mags is allowing the cartridges to sit a little high in the magazine because of the feed lips. It is probably exposing the little "shoe" that pushes up the slide stop lever. Try doing a search to learn about it.

-stunks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts