Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a few lasers and this one by far is the best. i just got it today and its brighter and more pronounced than my aimshot or my laserlyte. it seems like the flashing of the laser will help put me on target quicker. the installation is so easy my girlfriend could do it. (she's blonde). i thought it was gonna be somewhat of a b***h to install, but it was easier than the sights, and waaay easier than the extended mag release.

from what ive read these things can survive (while in the gun): being dropped from 2000 feet, and run over by a tank. there are no plastic parts on the switch, like i was thinking there was. its all metal. i will post some pics as soon as i can get the camera software to work.

i got it from ajamesp51 http://www.xd-hs2000.com/shopping.html

the service i have gotten from ajames is by far, the very best there is. there is no other company i have ever done business with that cared more about the customer and how they felt. my lasermax got here in 2 days after i ordered it, with regular shipping! then ajames emailed me just to check that it got here o.k.! Now thats service! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds good, but how well does it function in daylight?
How the the accuracy. What kind of battery does it use.
Since money is obviously not a problem for you why stop at stainless, why not goldplating the slide (just kidding).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
energizer 393, watch battery. and its brighter than any other laser ive seen. in daylight you can see it on some lighter colored objects, and closeup (7yds) you can see it on almost anything. the flashing helps make it more recognizable.

no gold or chrome for me, its too shiny. i just got the stainless to try and keep the rust out of it.

and money isnt a big problem, but it sure doesnt grow on trees (im just an ac guy). but just think, how much money will you make if your dead? none. i feel its better to be safe than sorry, and i wanted to be able to trust this thing and rely on it.. unlike my external laser on my 12 gauge, you cant knock this thing out of line in a bad situation. when the laser is on, i want to know for sure, that thats where my shot is heading. and with this laser im sure i will be able to. the accuracy is supposed to be within 2" at 20 yards. thats 1.5" at 10 yards, and 1.05" at 7 yards.

plus ya get a wolf spring in the deal. i will test the accuracy tomarrow if i get a chance, but from what it looks like its dead on. i just got it and installed it a few hours ago. :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
did you take any pics of it during and before installation? How does it adjust for windage and elevation? I wonder how it can stay accurate with the slide cycling atop it and having the spring constantly compressed and decompressed around its casing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I dont advise that you train with it primarily though as it might be dangerous to rely on a battery operated tool.
It should only assist you and not be your primary aiming methodology.

That just my opinion. To each his own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts