Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just got my very first Springfield XDM last night. I used to have a Taurus PT92 but it was stolen. I want to buy a good cleaning kit, what do you recommend?

One question about the gun though. I have a 3.8 SC 9mm with the 13rd and 19rd mags. The 13rd ejects just fine but the 19 is VERY hard to eject. I had to hold the fun like a branch the I was trying to snap in half with my two hands and put both thumbs (one on top the other) on the mag release just to push it in. Is it suppose to be like this, will it break in? I took one round out, making it 18 and it seemed a little easier to eject but still took some force.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Congrats on the new gun.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Congratulation on the new gun,. and for cleaning, you really don't need anything special.

I'll suggest some Gun Scrubber, or non-chlorinated brake cleaner, some Hoppes #9 and a bore snake, a toothbrush, and a lube of your choice ... Myself I just use Mobil 1 10w40 as a lube.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the compact and found the same thing w/ the 19 rd mag when I first got it. That was about 2 months and 800 rounds ago - I'm not having any problem w/ it now.

·
Premium Member
127,706 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Congratulations. I have a new 3.8 "compact" 9mm also and haven't fired it yet. They all do take some breakin in.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Congrats again. Welcome from Louisiana. Sorry about your loss, but I'll bet you secure this one better, huh?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats again. Welcome from Louisiana. Sorry about your loss, but I'll bet you secure this one better, huh?

Well...I make sure I know who is coming in my house and my wife won't be dumb enough to let people go in the house when she's outside. It's just too bad I wasn't an NRA member then, I would have gotten it replaced for free!

I'm hoping the XDM breaks in because man is that mag release stiff! I sent in the promo for the free mags last night. First thing I did when I got home with the gun was load up the mags so the springs start to loosen.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats! I just got an XDM myself.

My cleaning kit. Q-tips, patches, bore brushes, solvent, lube, bore cleaner foam. Nothing fancy, something I pieced together for less than 15 bucks probably. Works great, and I have some of the cleanest guns of any of my friends. I attend the range bi-weekly. I shoot a lot, and I can clean all of my guns in approx 20mins each. I leave no dirt behind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts