Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I took delivery of my new Rock Island 1911 Tactical.
I'm super happy with it, very nice feel and all part are super tight.

Finish is not the best, you can easily see wear on some corners, but for $460 it's alright for my first 1911

just added the hogue grips... can't wait to try her out

·
Premium Member
127,260 Posts
Congratulations! I put Hogue grips on my RIA 1911 CS.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
WARNING: you will become ADDICTED! :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Congrats. Nice guns that are priced right and will eat anything you feed them. Be careful those things have a tendency to multiply like rabbits.:D

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Congrats! I would say "You have become addicted"! Not sure as to if there is a cure.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments guys,

I know I might get yelled at, but just to know... Steel cased ammo, would it be safe on the extractor? Even after 100s of rounds? Of course I DON'T plan to break it in with that stuff, I already have 300+ of federal ammo for its break in. But I just what to be sure for later if steel case is a yay or nay for Rock Islands

Thanks for you input

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
829 Posts
are the RIA's universal with all other 1911 parts? triggers, sight, mags... etc

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was going to order one but my ffl had an AK for sale & walked out of his house with a rifle instead. I don't know if I can buy it this year, in a month a half I've purchased 6 firearms.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"- Benjamin Franklin

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys,

I know I might get yelled at, but just to know... Steel cased ammo, would it be safe on the extractor? Even after 100s of rounds? Of course I DON'T plan to break it in with that stuff, I already have 300+ of federal ammo for its break in. But I just what to be sure for later if steel case is a yay or nay for Rock Islands

Thanks for you input
I'd say about 1000 of 7400 rnds or so that I've fired from my RIA GI version have been steel cased, mine eats anything and everything with no issues.

So I'd say if you want to shoot steel cased ammo you should be fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts