Springfield XD Forum banner

Just got my CCW

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  blkhawk303 
#1 ·
I applied the beginning week of Christmas (12/21) and got the phone call this morning. On my way to the Raleigh Department of Safety I felt like I drove through a curtain of new positive paranoia. I could think of no other way to describe the feeling - not fear. Rather enhanced responsibility to a greater magnitude. My wife was even excited.

I plan to carry my XD40 Duty in a Galco mx7 Matrix or an uncle mikes kydex paddle. The mx7 makes the XD all but disappear under the denim jacket I wear 90% of the time.

pt

#6 ·
the holster itself is not too bad. Cost is between $17 and $22 depending on where and how you get it. I ordered one at http://www.copsplus.com/ for 17 or so, but the combination of $5 S&H and the month-long backorder, I picked one up at a local range for $22.

As for draw, the tension is not adjustable and is initially very stiff. Kind of like the uncle mikes paddle with the tension cranked up. It does come out well and I am hoping that it will smooth out a little. I read in another thread that somebody sprayed a little silicone, let it set for a miniute and wiped it out to help with drawing on a fobus. I might give it a try.

again, the fit and concealment is great with a little forward cant.

pt

#10 ·
bigjakern said:
Get and keep packin, going on one year here and can't imagine why I did not do it sooner??? Be safe and enjoy your new outlook when your concealed, everything around you changes. It feels like it is more aware of you, but you are actually more aware of it!!
That's funny cause that is what I said to my wife just yesterday. That I seem more aware of my surroundings now. I wonder and evaluate everything more cautiously than I did in the past. You take everything, especially your safety, for granted when there is little you can do about the outcome of it. Kinda like, hopin' for the best or that if something does go down, an officer will happen to be eating in the same resteraunt, shopping at the same store, or be driving by the same ATM machine. Enjoy your right to arm yourself and watch out for the other guy! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.