Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just wanted to let everyone know I went to the Sheriffs office today and got my CCW! I Feel Like a TRUE AMERICAN ( not to sound corny)! I realize this is a huge responsability, I even call Anthony Arms( my local gun shop) and registered for a conceled carry class. I will be carrying my lil green monster XDSC40, in a Galco Fletch Holster. Well just wanted everyone know of my great day!
Thanks
Bart aka TaktikalB

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congrats on your CCW. How does PA do it so that you get your carry permit BEFORE taking the class?

·
Registered
112 Posts
WHOA, WHOA, WHOA THERE!!! You sound way too eager to be carrying a gun in my opinion. :shock: Are you sure you're mature enough? :? What are your motives? Do you really NEED to be carrying a gun, esp when you're making posts like that? Why do you even OWN a gun??? I'll bet you're walking around with your hand under your coat just ready to draw down on the first punk that crosses your path! I think you need to tear up the CCW and surrender your gun(s) to your local PD!

That's intended to be dripping with sarcasm, BTW. :wink: I had to get in my mockery of the lawyer types while this thread is still new. (I'm still in shock over Maverick's VA thread...)

Not to hijack things...(sorry)

Congrats on the permit, and enjoy your Constitutional right to bear! And that's one more reason violent crime continues to drop...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ha ha m1!! I am a very responsable adult....LOL! But yes all you have to do in PA is to apply at the local sheriffs office and they run a check and take you pic if all is clear, then they hand you your permit after you hand them 19$. I acctually cant wait to take my class. This place is were i purchased my lil green monsterLOL and their staff are very good! I have already met the Instructoer and He is a graduate of Jeff Coopers American Pistol Institute and a whole list of other things. I just to learn more and more........can u tell i got a grin from ear to ear???

·
Registered
173 Posts
M1Thumb said:
That's intended to be dripping with sarcasm
YOICKS!!! I was starting to wonder how I was hearing this from an M1 guy.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
M1Thumb said:
WHOA, WHOA, WHOA THERE!!! You sound way too eager to be carrying a gun in my opinion. :shock: Are you sure you're mature enough? :? What are your motives? Do you really NEED to be carrying a gun, esp when you're making posts like that? Why do you even OWN a gun??? I'll bet you're walking around with your hand under your coat just ready to draw down on the first punk that crosses your path! I think you need to tear up the CCW and surrender your gun(s) to your local PD!

That's intended to be dripping with sarcasm, BTW. :wink: I had to get in my mockery of the lawyer types while this thread is still new. (I'm still in shock over Maverick's VA thread...)

Not to hijack things...(sorry)

Congrats on the permit, and enjoy your Constitutional right to bear! And that's one more reason violent crime continues to drop...
hahahahhahahahahahaha :lol:

Too much :D

Congrats dude! I'll be 11 months behind you :)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
M1Thumb said:
That's intended to be dripping with sarcasm, BTW. :wink:
Whew. I thought for a second you were serious and I was about to have to make one of my rare very opinionated posts that I normally (sucessfully) avoid.

Congrats on the CCL man! The sense of security you have that you didn't know you lacked before is worth all of the hassle and cost. And good call on the CC class. Luck of the good variety!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Excellent... Carry it often and carry with pride..

OWB XD40 for me around the house and XD9 sub out in public.

Every once in a while my wife laughs at me, but there has been a few times in public where my wife asked me if I was carrying (with a serious tone).

Great job,

T

·
Registered
24 Posts
congrats... you live about 60-70 miles above me... I'm in maryland... seemed pretty easy in PA... what does it take in Maryland to get a permit?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well done on becoming legal, and props on taking the time and effort to get some formal education on concealed carry.....when it comes to owning & carrying a firearm, you've just taken 2 very important steps in the right direction. Now, when are you getting that assault rifle and scattergun??? :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Still waiting for mine to show up in the mail. Think it's going to take a while since I was born outside the country. Had to send a copy of my birth cert with the app.

UD.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Bundyboyz said:
damn it seems someone has to attempt to kill me... or make over two or three death threats... sounds like b.s. to me.

:| .......................................:shock: wa...what?

............................................. :mrgreen: CONGRATS!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Laws in maryland if I understand this right for CCW

deposit 5,000 in cash twice a week into a bank account and have a longstanding record that you do so.

Have police reports of two or three recent death threats.

It's also over 100.00 to apply for the permit.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well done on becoming legal, and props on taking the time and effort to get some formal education on concealed carry.....when it comes to owning & carrying a firearm, you've just taken 2 very important steps in the right direction.
I agree with this 100%. It shows alot when someone realizes they should have more training than what is manditory. :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think that the best way to get a Carry Permit if you live in MD is just move to some other state that is a little more likely to view the Constitution with some respect. Or to trust its own citizenry to responsibly defend itsself.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts