Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just bought a XDM 4.5 9mm .I have a 3.8 anyone have both .
It looks like the slides are interchangable . But see no reason to do so . I just home the 4.5 is as good as my 3.8 . Please leave me your thoughts

John

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Congrats but no pictures, it didn't happen. Let's see the new addition to the family.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I had a 4.5 9mm and a 3.8 9mm Compact. I sold the 3.8 on the boards a while back as I preferred the Glock 19 for EDC. Still got the 4.5, but it might go on the chopping block one of these days, I'd really like to get a Sig M11-a1.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Absolutely love my 9mm 4.5

The XDM Line is very naturally pointing for me, and if you like the ergonomics of the 3.8 grip then the 4.5 will feel right at home in your hand. With the longer sight radius, you should be good be more if not as accurate as your 3.8.

Enjoy that beast!

Oh and if ya get tired of the black - send it to James for some loving!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Yes, the top ends will interchange. No reason to do so unless one is a compact grip and the other is full length. I have a 3.8 in .45acp with a full length grip- even though SA never produced one.

I have that one and a 4.5 in .45 as well.
Have had both in 9mm also- still have the 3.8.

I prefer the shooting balance of the 3.8. The 4.5 just feels nose heavy to me.

I'm just finishing up a build of a 4.5 that has a bunch of custom machine work on the slide and much more. It'll give me the longer sight radius and added velocity of the 4.5, but should balance and shoot more like the 3.8.

It'll be the only one of it's kind and should be done this week...:mrgreen::cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts