Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) RIA tactical .45. got it at buds for 432 (just saw they raised the price)

will shoot it today!

·
Registered
538 Posts
There ya go! Welcome to the club!

Now go put 200 through it reaaaaal fast

·
Registered
892 Posts
Congrats! I have a RIA Officers model and love it, also from Buds. I want to get a RIA full size from Buds as soon as I can.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
RIA Tactical is a great gun for the money..

The only thing I did to mine was swap the FLGR for a GI rod and plug.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im in love with this trigger over my XDm. now i need a trigger job on that.

·
Registered
192 Posts
im in love with this trigger over my XDm. now i need a trigger job on that.
Yeah funny how the XD trigger is fine until you get a 1911...Then all the sudden the XD "needs" a trigger job.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yeah funny how the XD trigger is fine until you get a 1911...Then all the sudden the XD "needs" a trigger job.
Of all the handguns I have owned, nothing comes close to the trigger of a 1911. When I bought my 1st 1911 last year, I was impressed of the crisp and smoothness of the trigger pull and lack of travel. :D

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Have had my heart set on a Springfield stainless mil-spec for a while, but I keep hearing great things about RIA 1911s. I could buy a lot of .45 ammo with the $ I would save. Hmmm. Range report please.:)

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
No, you need to sell that XDm and buy another 1911..;)
Big time +(all of it).

I also had a RIA tactical...liked it a lot, but I traded it off towards another RIA--their new railed 2011; I really think that it is the best railed 1911 for $650 or less you can buy; it's not as tight as my Baer...but it has an incredible trigger for a $600 1911, and shoots incredibly well.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Im also looking at the same one only stainless frame, I will be ordering mine next week some time if it come in stock, otherwise im gonna go for the same one that you bought. let me know how it shoots!

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
contemplate a better mag and g10 grips, or if you don't care what it looks like mar up the grips to make em lock into your hands better.... some love the smooth though.. I don't get it.

p.s.clp is too crappy for this gun, pretty much anything else will do. BUt I wouldn't put anything that dries off on the rails mobil 1 or grease or other oils work great.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, you need to sell that XDm and buy another 1911..;)
im bad at selling stuff i like. i will either a buy a nicer smaller 1911 or buy a nicer full sized one later.... or both :twisted:

im good with the xdm and 1911 now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have had my heart set on a Springfield stainless mil-spec for a while, but I keep hearing great things about RIA 1911s. I could buy a lot of .45 ammo with the $ I would save. Hmmm. Range report please.:)

will do one. i took it out the other day and it shot flawlessly 100 rounds of cheap monarch ammo. had an issue with it not chambering the first round all way a couple times when you released the slide but that stopped after a few mags and it breaking in. shot a 8 round 4in group from 15 yards like a champ, its hard to miss with this thing. i want to put another 100 rounds and some JHP though before i say to much. Front sight could be better too as i can not pick it up worth a damn.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts