Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Great forum. I've owned many handguns over the years, but never seem to have enough. I've been reading about the XD models and they sound great. I've owned a Glock 27 for a few years. Great gun. Seems that the XD will be similar. I was wondering, does the XD barrel have the same problem as the Glock in regards to shooting reloads? The Glock factory barrel does not fully support the case at the feed ramp and so there is that potential for the Kaboom. I purchased an aftermarket barrel soon after buying the Glock. The aftermarket barrel does support the case fully and I can shoot my reloads without worry. Anyway, does the XD subcompact support the case fully so that shooting reloads is safe? Are there any gotchas with the XD's to look out for? Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yep, the XD barrels fully support the case.
Happy Shooting!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Welcome, I also own a G27. I predict you are really going to love the feel of the XD in your hand.

So what do you ride?

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Welcome BikeRider. I own both of the firearms
in question, I prefer the XD40 for many reasons.
All you need to do is to grip the XD40 and you
will see why.

Ed

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
XD is tough I had a boo boo and added 2 extra grains and fired them in my SC and it blew the primer out of the brass but Zero damage to the gun :shock:
Welcome aboard and Merry Christmas hope Santa leaves one under the tree for you 8)
If you leave you XD wet it will rust and periodically you need to replace the recoil assemble but they are flat out awesome

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcomes! NiK, I ride many different bikes. I own a Suzuki DRZ400S with many mods to it. I do some layed back trail riding. I also own a 04 Harley Sportster Custom, A Triumph Speedmaster and my wife has a Yamaha TW200.
I'm heading to the gun shop tomorrow and handle some XDs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts