• arrests for theft

• arrests for being stupid at a bar

• arrests for public indecency

• arrest due to divorce

• arrest due to problems with guns

just for giggles- jail time poll

5K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  manic mechanic 
#1 ·
In another of my posts, somebody, backhandedly, expressed their dislike of cops, after watching the video in my joke humor post.

I, personally, have never had a "bad encounter " with any law enforcement. Here's my history:
1986 to current, EVERY freaking time I fly, getting frisked at the airport, generally just short of the rubber gloves treatment, due to ALWAYS setting off the metal detectors. (NO steel parts in my body, just a magnetic personality, of the opposite poll variety)
1986 2 speeding tickets
1987 investigated by the FBI, extensivly, so that my company could do work in their local offices.
1991 1 speeding ticket
1996 1 failure to stop ticket
2001 - current, interaction with local law enforcement every time one of our buildings is broken into or tenant problems.
2005 victim of a hit a run accident involving a DWI

So, how many here have had run ins "wit da law"

#27 ·
CarlosC said:
Mostly boring, except for the military:

1983-1988:
Ticket (Tucson): Speeding 55 in a 45 - went to court, paid the fine, no points
Ticket (Tucson): Display of speed, breaking traction - pleadbargain, paid fine, no points
Ticket (Tucson); Speeding 63 in a 55 - took the class, paid fine, no points
Ticket (Desert Center, Kalifornia): Speeding 90+ in a 55, pleadbargain, paid huge fine, no points
Ticket (Tucson): Bogus improper lane change, went to court, asshole cop did not show up, ticket thrown out
Ticket (Maricopa County): 65 in a 55 - pleadbargain to driving without a license, paid fine, no points
(Tucson) Pulled over for no turn signal (it was working): scumbag cop actually pulled me over because I had out of state tags (I was in the military). After harrassing and threatening me, he let me go. I think he did not want to lose face for pulling me over by mistake so he just played his cop trump card. I hope he died in some shootout.
(1987 McChord AFB, Washington) arrested for taking pictures of aircraft without proper authority. I was released after my Liuetenant admitted he forgot to turn in my authorization letter. My film was destroyed, but my camera was returned unharmed.

1988 Germany
Polizei mail ticket: 100kph in a 60kph - paid fine
Polizei Ticket: Excessive speed for road conditions (I spun out on black ice)
Same incident, Polizei ticket: property damage (I took out many reflector poles trying to keep my car on the road)
Same incident (Security Police): Excessive speed for road conditions
Same incident (Security Police-SP): Causing a single vehicle accident

1989 Germany
SP ticket to fix burned out headlight turned into a Courts Martial offense after my First Sergeant alleged I did not fix the light, which was failing to follow a written order (the ticket). I had fixed it the same day I got the ticket, but the cop put the carbon upside down on the paperwork, so his signature never made it to the copy sent to the First Sergeant, as I found out later. I showed up to work one day and was taken to see the Commander and offered non-judicial punishment under the UCMJ or a trial by Courts Martial. I knew I was innocent, so I asked for the trial. The commander knew something was up because I elected a trial (a Courts Martial conviction is a Federal Offense) over a simple Article 15 punishment. I explained my side (while the First Sergeant interrupted me several times cursing at me and calling me a liar). Commander called the SPs and just happened to get the guy who cleared my ticket. The whole thing was on a speaker phone, so everyone in the room heard. He explained his mistake and that he had been trying to find me to tell me, but he could not read my last name on the ticket. Needless to say, the Commander was very embarrassed. She asked me to forgive her and to go back to work. The First Sergeant followed me out but she ordered (yelled at) him to stay and close the door. He was subsequently demoted.

1989 Germany:
Dragged and detained by SPs (at gun point - 1 M-60 and two M-16s) for failing to follow an order. I refused on the grounds I could not leave a nuclear weapon (it was live too) alone/or forcibly relinquish my authority for the area. The short of it was the SPs were incorrectly informed about my status in the nuclear no-lone zone. I was sole vouching authority in the area and guided by very strict procedures concerning transfer of custody for the nuke. The procedures pay no attention to rank. That is, if I have no stripes but have legal authority in an area, no one comes in without my sayso. No one. Some Lieutenant Colonel thought officers were exempt and told me to leave the area after I allowed a Lieutenant into my area. I explained the procedures and he disagreed and ordered me out. I refused. He then ordered the SPs guarding me to arrest me. They refused saying I was correct. Angry Colonel steams off and finds the senior SP and explains, "a deranged NCO is in a shelter with a nuke, get him out of there." Cops show up in a Peacekeeper armored vehicle and take me out only after I refuse their orders twice. Once the M-60 was charged and several M-16 appeared, I figured it was time to give up. The two SPs guarding me thought it was an exercise. Once they explained the situation to their boss, I was released. The senior cop then pulled the Colonel and myself aside and explained to the Colonel he was wrong. Colonel steamed off and never said he was sorry. I asked about pressing charges and was "advised" to let it go.

In case you're wondering, I have no ill feelings toward the military. In fact, I retired after 21 years of service. I also volunteered for and served in the first Gulf War and Afghanistan.

Dec 1996 - Dec 1997
11 vehicle accidents while serving as an advisor in the Middle East - I walked away from each one.

2002 Columbia, SC: ticket for speeding 65 in a 45. I went to court and volunteered (no strings attached) to serve as a translator for a DUI case with a Mexican migrant. Judge thanked me and threw my case out.
Dude!!!!

Hire a driver!!!! you are a hazard to yourself and others :shock: :lol:

#30 ·
12 years old: picked up along with a couple of delinquent buddies for throwing walnuts off a huge bank into a service station parking lot and on the roof. Thank God we didn't tear anything up, one of my buddies had thrown a couple of bricks at their air conditioning unit. No charges.

18: Speeding, 68 in a 55. Didn't know the system like I do now, so I just paid the ticket, and then paid out the ass for insurance for a few years afterward.

Early 20's: stopped a couple of times for speeding by state troopers, got off with warnings both times because I had fire dept stickers all over my truck windows.

Been a cop since '98, so I stay out of trouble now.

#31 ·
Not sure if it would qualify as a vote in the stupid bar incident or just plain stupid, but here is a short version, I'm getting with Delija to collaborate on the screenplay soon. It was in the late 70's, when the RED WINGS were known as the DEAD WINGS, and I got a bunch of the fellas and their girls together for a Montreal vs Detroit game. Always wanted to see Guy LaFluer fly in person, he was unfortunately out w/ an injury, AGAIN. Earlier in the day my friend John and I hit Weyands seafood store for the Infamous octopi for the ice,(tradition started in the 50's I think,) unfortunately all they had were squid. Well they do toss abit easier, and you can hand gernade them quite easily from the top of the steps between the upper and lower bowl of Joe Louis Arena. I did have a flier in the first period, I launched 3 at a time, one hit a lady in the lower bowl, next to the ice, in the side of the face. Talk about a rude awakening, and stinky??? Man I know why she was crying in the women's bathroom where one of my bud's girlfriends saw her about 2 minutes later. Oh well, back to the arrest, Wings were down 3-2 in the last of the third period and we scored to tie it up, me and John run down to the top of the steps for the 3rd and final launch, what a shot , a foot off the redline, and Mike Folino starts stick handling the squid around, and finally the linesman takes it away from him and tosses it into the penalty box to get rid of it. Well, we climb back to our seats and shortly after sitting down 2 of Detroit's finest ask us to come with them. I ask if I should bring my coat and they highly recc. that I do. So I give my brother my keys so they can get home, and bring back bail money to the 2nd precinct. I got out around 4am, John was lucky(ha,ha), his prints didn't clear due to an earlier arrest, so he got the chain gang deal in the morn. and judge deemed he'd suffered enough for squid abuse. I got to go to court, I went in front of a referee, instead of a judge, honest! He laughed as he read the ticket to himself, asked if I thought I could keep my nose clean for 90 days, which I said,''Yes your Honor.'' Went back 90 days later got my bail money back and had a story for the grandkids, my kids get a kick out of it too. The wife just keeps telling everyone she didn't even know me back then, which is true.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.