Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was waiting at school for my next class and i cut the tip of my finger almost all the way off. I was able to fold it back but it cut is so good that it didnt even bleed for like 2 minutes.

The knife that did it was a cold steel ak47. I was pissed at first cas i didnt know it cut me and i thougth damn thats BS this knife should have cut my finger clean off. Then i saw that it was just such a good cut that the tip had just folded right back into position.

the funny part was that someone started telling me i need to go scrub it with soap and water and all that. Then i started to get all sweaty and i felt sick so i sat down and i threw up and started to black out but i fought it and i stayed awake :oops:

Attachments

·
Registered
17,808 Posts
You are on sharp pointy object restriction!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Just make sure you don't run with scissors. You could poke out an eye or something of value.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Just so you know ... that is not cutting off the tip of your finger. That is cutting a piece of skin off the tip of your finger.

Here's what cutting the tip of your finger off looks like.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
K spill the beans, what where you doing with the knife that made you slip and get your finger?

I was closing it one handed by pushing the blade on the center consol of the truck. My middle finger got between the blade and the handle and i was closing it fairly quick and i just wasnt paying attention. real stupid i have been carrying knives every day for 2 years and never an accident. guess it was just my turn...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey man it happens. I have carried a knife everyday sense i was 13 (8th grade, and knife of coarse didnt go to school with me) im 22, so 9years of carrying. I have cut myself with it more then once, but only a handfull of times.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
You just lost a corner of your Toten Chip card.
As a former Scout I agree, LOL. Once I was carving a balsa block into a linked chain and put an exacto knife right into the top of my thigh. I felt like the Police Chief guy in Young Frankenstein.

If they only know how many corners I should have lost when I was a Scout... Let's not even mention the "Fireman Chit" card. One of my main mentor scouts went into Marine EOD. :twisted:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I betcha feel like a tool, but the real tool was just doing it's job!

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Heck yes they do. Anyone here get your Paul Bunyan card? I felt like such a bawse when I got that.
Absolutely, but the really cool kids got the "50 Miler Afoot/Afloat" patch.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
you got bit. It happens. I've seen worse over at ESEE forums.

My Kershaw Blackout got me too one time. I was not paying attention when closing it and the blade cleanly sliced the skin off the tip of my finger. I didn't even feel it and it would not stop bleeding.

When i finally got the bleeding to stop I put some super glue on it to patch it up.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
As a former Scout I agree, LOL. Once I was carving a balsa block into a linked chain and put an exacto knife right into the top of my thigh. I felt like the Police Chief guy in Young Frankenstein.
I looked like this.

:confused: How is that relevant?
USMC Explosive Ordinance Disposal. Marine EOD.

*Updated*
Sorry, I didn't see the white text in your post at first. We learned how to burn stuff really well and set things on fire using flints, magnesium strips, natural tinder, you name it. He used to make his own fireworks in high school. The "Fireman Chit" card functions much like the "Totin' Chit" card. You lose corners and eventually have to retake the course by injury, doing things that you shouldn't, or that are deemed unsafe practices.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts