Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But why are so many folks willing to wait months to get a spikes marked lower?

I'm not bashing those who do, but I am really curious when there are so many other choices out there with little or no wait, and at a price just as good or better.

And I understand all too well about wait times because I have several NFA tax stamps, but I just can't understand waiting like that for nothing more than a stripped lower.

·
Registered
265 Posts
No idea. I'll order from PSA and get stuff they have in stock in a week or so all day long before I wait months for something from Spike's. Just my $.02

·
Registered
838 Posts
;)They have a cool logo and great marketing of it. Puts more "evil" in your black rifle. :p

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've often wondered the same thing. There are plenty of other lowers available that are just as good or better for less money and wait time, unless you just have a thing for spiders...

·
Registered
29,742 Posts
I don't get it, m'self. I really don't think they're anything special.

You can get equal or superior quality parts and assemble your own rifle for the same money (or less) and in one sixth to one twelfth of the time (assuming a 3 month wait).

A custom 1911, that I'll wait 3 or four months on. A rack-grade AR? Fuhgeddabowdit.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
If it is same quality as off the rack then no way. Only reason to wait IMO is if there is something that makes it better or has something you can't get elsewhere.

·
Registered
265 Posts
FWIW, I'm not all that impressed with the stupid spider logo either. In fact, I think it looks retarded. My favorite Spike's lower is the pirate one, which I don't think you can get any more.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The spider logo never bothered me either way.

I admit that I have a spike lower than I built up into an SBR years ago, and I like it and it's been a good lower.

But I just can't see waiting for such a long time to get one.

I know that Spikes' doesn't really make the lowers, so maybe their source is just backlogged that bad or something.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I like the spikes stuff especially for the value, but screw that wait. Many vendors have their products in stock and it only takes a few phone calls to locate their stuff. I built a complete spikes in just about 2 weeks. I know for a fact three local stores here in SD have many of their spikes lowers, and even have complete uppers.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ar-talk/183348-first-ar-build-5.html
I did the same thing, except I used online vendors. Complete Spikes in under a month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts